android
Old 01-18-2011, 10:01 AM

Default Sony NWZ E455 vs. S755

Hello,

Since my MP3 player has stopped working (it was a tiny, very basic thing I'd had for ages), I am now looking for a new one. I'm currently hesitating between two Sony models, the E series 455 (16GB) and the S series 755 (also 16GB -- so that memory size isn't the main element of comparason. I do believe both series are available in larger memory sizes, though?).

I have been able to play with the E a little bit, not with the S one. From the little I have seen, it seems pretty much to fulfil everything I wish for. But the S looks also very good, hence this post.

Also, I have a little side question: I have never had a Sony before, so this might be very simple to answer, but anyways. When playing with the E, I came across "Playlists" and "Bookmark lists". I can't quite figure out which is the difference, but I'm guessing it's something along the lines of, Playlists need to be edited on the computer, whereas Bookmarks have pretty much the same effect but can be edited on the MP3 player. Is that correct? If so, do the Bookmark Lists have some hidden disadvantage that makes the Playlists not totally obsolete? (such as, are they limited to X number of tracks, or something like that...)

Thank you in advance for your answers!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-22-2011, 06:13 PM

bookmarks, if i recall correctly, and as their name implies, are positions in songs that you can go back to really quick. lets say you have the harry potter and the goblet of fire audio book complete in a single file. it would be a pain somewhere other than your finger to start looking for where you left your book.

am i making my point?

whereas play lists are groups of songs organized by your liking. either on the pc or on the player.

Tags
bookmark, e455, nwz, s755, sony