android
Old 01-22-2011, 05:20 AM

Default S9 battery life fluctuating?

Hi! I just received a refurbished S9 and the battery life is worrying me. I haven't uploaded any files at all, and have only played around with the UI and listened to the radio (hooked up to laptop speakers). I then left it to do other things, and as I was in a rush, neglected to turn off the device, or stop the radio. When I returned 9 hours later and activated the device it showed that the battery life had been reduced to about 1/4 of capacity. Half an hour later after checking my settings (bluetooth off, no special settings on, screen off after 5s) and other things in the player, I noticed that the battery life had increased to 3/4 of capacity --- which heartened me until 15 minutes later it dropped down again to 1/2 of capacity.

Does FM radio radically decrease battery life?

Is there a reason why the battery life indicator fluctuated the way it has?

Thanks for any advice you may have!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-22-2011, 05:52 AM

The battery life is just an indicator that shows how long your battery has left keeping in mind that it is calculated on the current use of your device. So if you stopped the radio after 9 hours and didn't much with the player, there was less power needed and you could have a 'fuller' battery after that