android
Old 01-16-2011, 04:46 PM

Help Buying a refurbished zune hd

Hello I have been looking to buy a new mp3 player and have heard good things about the Zune HD (I used to have the zune 80gb but it suffered from the screen 5 contact support problem). I have found a manufacturer refurbished zune HD 16gb for $120 and I was wondering if that was a good idea to buy this or if I should play it safe and buy it new.

Also these are flashed based so they don't have the problem that the larger (80 and 120 gb) 2nd generation zunes had by using a hard drive, right?

Here is the web address for the refurb... http://cgi.ebay.com/Microsoft-Zune-H...item41560a1afe

if that helps

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-16-2011, 04:49 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Honestly there isn't really anything to be said as "great" about the ZuneHD. While granted it does some things pretty well, you can almost always find a player that does it better. As of the deal you found, sounds like a good one to me, even though I wouldn't recommend a ZuneHD

Retired Devices:
Sansa Fuze 8+16GB Rockboxed

Old 01-16-2011, 05:26 PM

If this is the product that you want, and the price is good for you - go for it so long as you are clear on the warranty and return prolicy. I am a fan of going the refurbished route, and have to say that of the 4 refurbished players that I have purchased, they either looked brand new or close to it - and I have never had problems with any of then.

Old 01-16-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDougal View Post
Honestly there isn't really anything to be said as "great" about the ZuneHD. While granted it does some things pretty well, you can almost always find a player that does it better. As of the deal you found, sounds like a good one to me, even though I wouldn't recommend a ZuneHD
What would be a better player in your opinion?

One of things I really liked about the Zune HD was the Zune software and that it has wifi.

Tags
hd, refurbished, zune