android
Old 12-28-2009, 09:42 PM

Default EmoDio Alternatives, Playlists, & Shuffle

Hi,
So I have a Samsung Q2 16 Gb. I like it and all that, but managing my music on it is painful. Is there anything out there that will work better than EmoDio or Windows Media Player? I had read on another forum that Winamp works well. I tried Winamp, but it would not pick up the mp3 player when I plugged it in. I like to use the media player/manager so it loads the album info with the songs, otherwise I would just drag and drop.
What is up with playlists? Is there no way to add to one without over-writing all of the songs on the playlist? Maybe it's just EmoDio, but here's how it goes: I add songs to my playlist, remove other songs from my playlist, then over-write all of the songs on the playlist, but then the only songs that appear on the playlist when viewed from the mp3 player are the ones I intended to remove. After rebooting the computer and mp3 player, and re-sending (overwriting again) it finally works. I can't just add five songs to a playlist?
How does the shuffle work? I feel like I am listening to a classic rock station on "two for tuesday". It will play a song from an artist/group, and then play another random song, and then go back and play a song from the same group that it played from one song ago. Sometimes it will play the same song twice in a thirty minute interval. Most of the time it will not play a whole albums worth of songs for 15-20 hours but it will play another song more than once? Is there a way to give it some "rules" to go by so I can get more of a random mix?
Anything anybody could share about this stuff would be great! Using this EmoDio program is like a slow and painful death.
Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-28-2009, 09:57 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Don't use Emodio at all, it drives everybody nuts. Most of us don't use WMP either. Now I can't help you with playlists, because I don't use them. But as far as this....
Quote:
I tried Winamp, but it would not pick up the mp3 player when I plugged it in. I like to use the media player/manager so it loads the album info with the songs, otherwise I would just drag and drop.
Winamp should, I believe, pick up that it is there, but just in case, go into the System menu on the Q2 and under PC Connection select MSC. It should be recognized anywhere then, as a mass storage device with a drive letter. ( I use Mediamonkey instead)
Now your other point, all the album info should load in with the songs even if you drag and drop....if it doesn't, your ID3 tags may be messed up. MP3Tag is a popular program people use to fix their tags, and it is free.

As far as the shuffle mode, I haven't used it enough with my Q2 to notice anything like you are describing. I shuffle with my other player, and use my Q2 for podcasts and certain albums that I play all the way through, but only once in a while.

Hope I helped you a little.

Old 12-29-2009, 04:15 PM

Thanks!

Old 01-13-2011, 08:21 AM

Default MediaMonkey

I know this is an old thread, but I have a Samsung Q2 which works perfectly with MediaMonkey. I've tried just about everything and MediaMonkey is the only player that syncs songs and playlists to Q2 flawlessly.