android
Old 01-09-2011, 01:40 PM

Default Unable to rebuild Library in zvm 60gb

I can't get my zvm 60gb to rebuild it's library. Tried reloading the firmware but after it completes the firmware upgrade it then tries rebuilding (the library) and it gets stuck 1/4 way threw the rebuild. Have 4 years worth of vids and pics I can't replace (not backed up!) Is there anyway to get the player working again without formatting and losing everything. Would be willing to buy another vision m 60gb if I can put the old hard drive into the new zvm and have my old hard drive work. Have no idea if swapping the hard drives would fix the problem though. Any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks

Last edited by skimike; 01-09-2011 at 07:23 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-09-2011, 07:35 PM
Ultra Senior Member

It's a 4 year old HDD player. The drive is probably trash. Sorry about your stuff but it's a hard drive, you have been one good drop away from this moment for the last 4 years.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:24 PM
ABI Invaluable

You could replace the old hard drive if your mo board is still good but that wouldn't help you save your vids and pics that you didn't back up. There are tutorials on the net to swap out the old hd for a new one if you want to try and save the player. Also I'm not sure if you could read/save the data from a standard pc by connecting the old hd as a slave in a laptop hd adaptor kit and using rescue software or if it's even worth the time and expense to try. I think we've all learned at one time or another to back up the data that's important to us when things like this happen, good luck if you give it a try.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 01-09-2011, 08:27 PM

Thanks for the input. I didn't mention this but the player froze in the middle of a transfer. Makes me believe the player's hard drive should be savable. Two video's were being transferred. They were videos from our camera and the player had over 100+ video files from that camera. It wasn't dropped recently (pretty careful with the player.) The freezing while transferring has happened from time to time before and to fix I would reset the player, it would rebuild the library then it would work again. I had just transferred our pictures to the zvm, unplugged zvm from the computer and looked at the new pictures to make sure they all transferred. Everything was good. Then i had the two videos to transfer onto it and that's when it froze. Does anyone know if you reload the firmware with same version of firmware would that delete everything off the player? I don't think it would but on creative's website it said you would. Also does anyone know if you go to an earlier firmware version would that delete everything also. I want to know because I was thinking of tryin to load the old firmware to see if that would fix the player.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:02 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I don't think I ever had a FW update ever wipe the player clean. Have you tried to go into the super secret menu and do a manual rebuild or cleanup?
EDIT: Heres the link to how to get to Recovery Mode http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=14459

Last edited by no9; 01-09-2011 at 09:12 PM.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:18 PM

yeah no luck in recovery mode.