android
Old 12-13-2010, 12:27 PM

@Lebellium: If you can help kernel/GPL code (whatever) available to Slade and other guys ,that will be much appreciated.

Last edited by rohit3192; 12-13-2010 at 12:46 PM. Reason: something needed correction

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-13-2010, 12:32 PM
Samsung Moderator

My nickname is lebellium and of course I will try to help him to get the source code if Samsung do not hurry up. But my contacts at Samsung have not replied to my emails for several days now, they all seem to be in holidays We'll probably have to wait until January...

Old 12-13-2010, 12:46 PM

Thanks for your exhaustive reply, Lebellium. Good to know the inner workings of the company - and yes, it definitely looks and feels 'made in Korea, made for Koreans'.

Of course I was (half-)joking with my whining about pan/balance and gapless, and I know it will never happen. Just never give up hope, maybe enough people will start to whine and nag, so Samsung can't ignore their foreign market wishes/needs anymore.

Totally overlooked that sleep feature, will have a closer look at it. But since it's a battery killer, it's probably not so good to use. I will see. Heh, awesome anecdote about the startup sound - again, very 'Korean' - all that useless crap, same with the music screen animations, yet those simple things can't be altered from the user side.

Thanks again.

Old 12-16-2010, 04:37 AM

Kernel Source is available now. I will start digging into it again! But please dont expect results before christmas .

You guys have a good one!

Old 12-16-2010, 05:19 AM

^ Yeah Man enjoy Christmas and have party.
It will be OK if you come up with something on 26th

Old 12-16-2010, 05:37 AM
Samsung Moderator

I asked Samsung to hurry up about that 2 days ago. Is it a coincidence?
BTW, where is the kernel source available? Here http://opensource.samsung.com/ is still the same link. Have they reuploaded the file or?

Old 12-16-2010, 08:34 AM

^ There is R0/R1 zip file inside(I don't know if that is source code).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg r0.JPG (24.5 KB, 10 views)

Old 12-16-2010, 10:14 AM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit3192 View Post
^ There is R0/R1 zip file inside(I don't know if that is source code).
There was already a R0/R1 zip file to download. My question is: is it still the same (just the R1 kernel in fact) and they gave another download link to slade via email or have they reuploaded the good file?

Old 12-19-2010, 06:07 AM

Default Another bug (for me at least)

I reported this bug some time ago. No one answered on that thread so maybe it doesn't happen to anyone else.
Lebellium, could you check if it happens to you? Thank you!!
In short go to Music>Artists>name of artist, scroll left or right 4 or 5 albums then the player freezes and shuts down. Then the next time it starts up it goes to "system checking" screen.

Thanks!

Old 12-19-2010, 06:15 AM
Samsung Moderator

Doesn't happen with mine, sorry

Probably a problem with your files.

Old 01-03-2011, 05:26 AM

Unhappy bug in firmware V1.23 of YP-R0

Hi,

I am new in this forum!

As Christmas present each one of my two children got a Samsung multimedia player YP-R0! My daughter got a pink one and my son a black one. With the help of the forum thread "How to update YP-R0 firmware?" I've updated these two mediaplayers from an older version to V1.23! Many thanks to the user nik1105 for his description! I didn't come simply on this idea! Now the strange problem with the instable storage of the FM radio stations is solved! Thanks!!!

But I want to report a similar bug, but I don't know whether this bug was already reported by another user of this forum!
  • If you change the radio stations very fast (via left click or right click), then sometimes the radio station display doesn't change also! This isn't good! That is definitely a bug! What do you say?

regards
Frank

Old 01-03-2011, 08:52 AM
Samsung Moderator

Hi,

You mean the station name doesn't change when you change the FM frequency?

Old 01-03-2011, 08:57 AM

You are welcome. That's defenitely a bug, and it hasnt been reported yet, but importance of this bug is low, and i think Samsung wont fix it. P3 has the simular bug.

Old 01-03-2011, 02:08 PM

Arrow Right description of a bug in V1.23

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
You mean the station name doesn't change when you change the FM frequency?
No, this isn't correct!
Then bug is: If I click very fast (nearly 2 or 3 times per second) on left or right button (previous or next radio station) then sometimes the displayed FM frequency doesn't change! The station (which I can hear) has changed! But not the displayed frequency!

see:

In Berlin I can receive about 24 radio stations and then it's possible to find such a bug!

regards
Frank

Old 01-04-2011, 09:03 AM

Hi Knarf!
I can confirm your finding, I've experienced this phenomena a couple of times. Rare and random, imho.

Old 01-05-2011, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik1105 View Post
That's defenitely a bug, and it hasnt been reported yet, but importance of this bug is low, and i think Samsung wont fix it. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkinx View Post
I can confirm your finding, I've experienced this phenomena a couple of times. Rare and random, imho.
The questions are now:
  • How does Samsung estimate itself?
  • Is it only a small discounter for electronic products or a hightech giant?
  • Does they want to produce quality or offer junk?
We will experience the answers of these questions with the reaction of Samsung to this bug report!
(Quality doesn't know any compromises!)

regards
Frank

Old 01-05-2011, 05:47 AM
Samsung Moderator

Dear Frank,
Welcome to the Samsung World
While reading my numerous posts on this forum you will quickly understand Samsung is not a German brand that cares about quality. Its only goal is to sell and make money.

Its motto is not "Das Beste oder Nichts"

Moreover Samsung is probably not aware of this bug as it is not reported (there isn't a Samsung employee who read every post here) so I don't see how it could be fixed

I strongly advise you to read this post: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...4&postcount=40

Old 01-05-2011, 12:03 PM

Default R0 Playlists

I sure wish I had found this thread before I bought the R0. I probably wouldn't have gotten it.

Consider me an R0 and mp3 player newbie. I've spent hours trying to figure out how to make playlists outside of the R0. I can transfer songs using EmoDio and MediaMonkey. But neither will create a playlist. (I've tried XP-SP3 and Vista.) I have no problem with mp3s on the PC, I don't need help there.

I bought this for a gift, and it needs the ability to create and modify the order of playlists. I can make one on the R0, but I can't edit it to change the order.

I was delighted to find that the EmoDio help website now takes you to kr.samsungmobile.com/, with no English options that I could find. And the English Samsung site only has downloads for the R0 manual, EmoDio and firmware.

I followed the instructions I found here (finding them was a challenge as well) and successfully updated the R0 to 1.23 firmware. That should be a sticky post, I haven't seen a how-to anywhere else.

Can anyone please point me to a step by step how-to for playlists using EmoDio or MediaMonkey, preferably MM? I know about the SPL conversion program, but can't get MM to make a playlist for songs on the R0. (It also has a bug where it can see the songs, but it's info about them has the wrong drive letter, so it can't update the information.)

Also, there has been a lot of discussion about the MSC vs. MTP modes. It seems there is a lot of conflicting info about what works and what doesn't. I see a lot of people using MediaMonkey, so how about a brief tutorial including which mode to use when.

Since this product is for a non-tech-savvy person, it's probably just going to have to be returned unless I write a book for her with step by step instructions for each operation. It's just too complicated.

The person I bought this for has started saying, "Can't we just get an iPod?" Part of that is because we got a Sansa first, and it died when I updated the firmware on it.

Sorry this is so long, but I didn't want to get a lot of help for stuff I already know, just the areas that aren't working. Thanks in advance.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:44 PM
Samsung Moderator

Okay here are 2 easy ways to create a playlist (I don't have MM sorry):

EmoDio MSC mode:
1) Connect the R0 to the computer
2) Execute EmoDio, the R0 should be recognized.
3) On the top R0 window, click on the 'playlist' icon (the icon is next to music, video and pictures icons)
4) Right click > "new playlist", save it under the name you want
5) Then click on the 'music' icon (still in the R0 window)
6) Select the songs you want to add to the playlist, right click>add to playlist>name_of_your_playlist
7) Disconnect the R0 from the computer
8) Voila! Now you can see the playlist on your R0

Windows Explorer MTP mode: MTP sucks, avoid this mode as long as you can. Its only advantage over MSC is.... make playlists easier.
1) Connect the R0 to the computer
2) Open the R0 Internal Storage in "Computer".
3) Go to the Music folder, select the songs you want to add to a playlist
4) Right click>create a selection (I don't know how it is called exactly in english), rename the PLA file as you want and move it to the 'Playlist' folder of the R0
(5) Just double click on this file to edit the playlist.)
6) Disconnect the R0 from the computer
7) Voila! Now you can see the playlist on your R0
That can't be easier than that! But once you're done, leave this shitty MTP mode and come back to MSC

And I swear you any iPod just sucks compared to the R0

PS just in case: To change the USB connection mode, just go to settings>system>PC connection on the R0

I will also add the "how to upgrade firmware" in the latest firmware thread. Indeed, it's such a routine for me that I forgot it's not necessarily easy to know for new Samsung owners!

Last edited by lebellium; 01-05-2011 at 12:53 PM.

Old 01-06-2011, 12:32 AM

why is mtp sp bad? Slower? buggy?....

Tags
1.23, firmware, r0, samsung, yp-r0