android
Old 12-27-2010, 07:24 PM

Default Sleek Photo 20GB Stuck in Recovery/Not Recognized

I have a 20gb sleek photo thats stuck in recovery mode. I tried all routes listed in recovery mode to bring it back,but have met with no success. I searched around and found this thread, tried the methods listed,and again had no luck:
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...+recovery+mode
My issue isn't that the computer doesn't recognize the zen, the zen programs don't. In Device Manager it shows up as Sleek Photo, when first plug in it registers as Sleek Photo, yet the zen recovery program and the firmware update both claim it isn't attached. Any fixes for this?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-27-2010, 08:53 PM
Ultra Senior Member

can the player execute cleanup>reboot from the recovery mode?? It may help to know what OS you are using & version of WMP that's installed.

Old 12-28-2010, 12:31 AM

Yes, tried everything on recovery, performed disk cleanup, rebooted,came right back to recovery screen
OS is Windows XP, WMP is version 11

Old 12-28-2010, 01:32 AM
Ultra Senior Member

the issue may be the WMP11 on the Xp OS. The Creative firmware files for those & some other players have problems running with it installed. I take it you have erased the firmware which is why it keeps going back to recovery mode.So to try & fix this you will need to rollback WMP 11 to WMP 10. You can find the instructions to do so here. http://forums.creative.com/t5/MP3-Pl...ws/td-p/316971 After you have done the rollback you will need to check that it rolled back to WMP 10 & NOT WMP 9. If it is WMP 9 you'll need to install WMP10. What was the reason you were trying to reinstall the firmware?? The SleekPhoto never had any firmware updates.