android
Old 08-07-2009, 09:20 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy123 View Post
I went to SonyStyle for my WMX - the guy HANDED me a voucher for 100 free songs. Guess he didn't realize there was already a voucher inside the box. So I basically got 200 free songs.
Nice score!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-07-2009, 09:36 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy123 View Post
I went to SonyStyle for my WMX - the guy HANDED me a voucher for 100 free songs. Guess he didn't realize there was already a voucher inside the box. So I basically got 200 free songs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
Nice score!
I agree, now THAT'S a deal!!!!

Old 08-11-2009, 06:39 PM

After reading this thread I remembered Amazon said they would give me five free songs if I bought the Walkman. I emailed them, and they just gave me a $5 credit on my account to get the free songs! Thanks...

Old 12-27-2010, 09:59 AM

Default I purchased a sony altus product rom best buy with same sticker on the package

Just wanted to back up all of the people who said they bought a sony product from a retailer that had a sticker for the 100 free downloads on the package. I purchased from Best Buy a sony altus stereo system and the sticker was very noticeable on the front of the package. My box did not appear to be tampered with but the product info was accessible when the top flap of the box was opened.

If this card was in the product info insert, then anyone in the store could have easily opened the box to access the musicpass card. Sony should know better than that. This promotion should have been treated as a gift card and validated at checkout.

Retailers and Sony have many promotions going on. They know which ones are secure. I purchased an Ipod for my son this Christmas and I got a $50 dollar Itunes gift card as a promotion. Of course this gift card had to be validated at the register.....avoiding the problem of non-buyer (thiefs) grabbing the card from the packaging material.

The publishing world does this too by selling books that have codes for free services. Unfortunately, people copy down the codes without buying the product. The silly person who pays full price for the book and tries to get the services they paid for, are informed that the code has already been used...sorry but we can't help you with this one.

I know now not to purchase these products with any hope of being able to redeem these promotions.

The big question is.... what is the purpose of Musicpass when Itunes exists? Glad to know from another reviewer, that it was not worth it anyway.