android
Old 04-19-2009, 07:13 PM

Cool New MATRIX THEME/UCI

Hows it goin everybody, just finished up a Matrix UCI. Originally, I was just making this for personal use but it turned out pretty good, so I might as well share

This isn't just a minor facelift of the original UCI, I overhauled a few things. Notably the power-off/sleep panel, as well as the button press animation. I'm going to keep fine tuning the interface but unless it turns out to be popular, this will be the only version I post for download.
(Link is below sample image)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-19-2009, 07:24 PM

PS: Any comments, suggestions, constructive criticism is more than welcome. This is my first time working in depth with flash so don't be too hard on me

Old 04-19-2009, 08:36 PM
Cowon S9 Developer

I love the icons ... especially the spoon

Old 04-19-2009, 11:10 PM

Those icons are sweet and I love the power panel ones!.

I only found one minor problem and that was "what happens if I accidentaly hit the power off button?. I couldn't find a way to cancel it. I guess I would have to wait 5 seconds for it to boot up again. ^^

But for a first attempt, this is really impressive

The red pill and blue pill addition is a nice idea. It would be cool if you pressed the red pill and it opened up a Matrix style custom widget display. But yeah thats future planning - haha.

Nice work!

Old 04-20-2009, 12:54 AM

Nice job. I was wondering when someone would make a matrix skin.

How about making the red and blue buttons look more like pills? Glowing text and numbers would be nice as well. Removing "Neo" from the wake up line would make it seem a bit more personalized. Or even better, could you somehow allow for users to place their own name there? How about changing the battery icon into a phone or the shape of a bullet or something?

I'm not sure if you have some of the things I suggested already implemented. I don't own an S9 yet.

Again, nice job and keep up the good work. I would use this if I had an S9.

Last edited by LittleNightmare; 04-20-2009 at 01:08 AM.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:33 PM

Hey thanx all for your comments and suggestions i'm glad you're enjoying it

I'll try to answer your suggestions in order so i don't miss any.

@Hawkeye I had purposely moved the close button (for power off/standby) off screen because to me it looked like it kinda stood out too much but what i decided i'm going to do is put it in the top corner, and make it pretty transparent. That way it'll be there for those that don't want to wait for the delayed auto-close, but wont stand out at all either. As for the widget menu idea, that would be sweet ^^ I just need a bit more experience with flash, and how that flash works on this particular piece of hardware. But yea that's most definitely something i'll have to keep in mind

@LittleNightmare I had actually originally used pill shaped buttons but they looked horribly unnrealistic. But now that i'm getting better at glow effects, i'm going to take another shot at it cuz like i said, that was the original plan. As for glowing text, i'd like to change the labels on the buttons but for some reason, no matter how deep i dig i can't seem to find them. I highly doubt they are 'hard-coded' in any way, so hopefully at some point i'll find out where they're hiding lol. I could change 'Neo' but the problem is, is that i would i have to customize it for each person, there's really no way to write program that could adjust that or anything else automatically. It can only be manipulated thru flash building software. What i could do is change it to like, "The Matrix has you..." & "Follow the white rabbit..." or something like that. As for changing those top row small icons, i'll definitely be fixing those soon. (A bullet for the battery is a good idea, i didn't think of that )

Anyways, i think that about covers it. Thanx again all, i'll keep you posted on how things are progressing

Old 04-21-2009, 10:49 AM

Nice, i might start using this one.

Old 04-21-2009, 02:35 PM

I like this one,

I have a few ideas. First is that the user can change the name, e.g, "Sacramento" instead of "Neo".

Next one is that the background actually moves, I have seen moving backgrounds before on some themes, so it could be do-able.

Thanks for your theme.

Old 04-28-2009, 01:21 PM

I agree with Sacramento--this is a great idea, and I will be one of the first to use it...after you get the Matrix wallpaper moving. I hate to be so picky, but I've used the animated version on my phone for so long that anything less just isn't The Matrix.

Old 04-30-2009, 05:04 PM

I like the idea of having the background move. +1

Old 11-28-2010, 05:13 PM

Can someone post the link again, it doesnt go anywhere and this UCI looks awersome

Old 12-26-2010, 08:21 AM

Can someone please put this back on looks mint

Old 12-26-2010, 12:03 PM

If moving background lags the main menu too much, why not have a lockscreen with interactive moving background instead? Slide falling letters to unlock perhaps?

Tags
matrix, neo, s9, theme, uci