android
Old 12-25-2010, 10:54 AM

Default Looking for new IEMs (30$)

Hello there,
I lost my V-Moda Vibes some days ago and need some new IEMs now. I bought the V modas pretty cheap on eBay, but can't find a similar offer now, and would also like to try something new.

I really loved the Vibes, they were perfect for my ears and I really liked the sound, it was perfect for the music I listen to.

So which ones can you recommend? It'd be perfect if I paid about 30$, but I'm willing to pay a bit more if it is worth it.

What's most important for me is good fit, so no or very few sounds from the outside come through. Bass is also important, since I'm listening to Trip Hop, Drum n Bass, Drill n Bass and IDM mainly. What would also be impportant for me is good build quality and sturdiness, I once had some Sony IDMs, which broke pretty quickly.

I appreciate any help

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-25-2010, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombrus View Post
... I really loved the Vibes, they were perfect for my ears and I really liked the sound, it was perfect for the music I listen to. ...
If ^^ that's the case they're $22.95 now on amazon http://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-Vibe-Ea.../dp/B000V5L5MG but I wouldn't wait too long, they seem to raise the price if you blink

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 12-25-2010, 12:04 PM

Great, thanks for the informaton.
However, I love trying out new things, so would there be any suggestion for an alternative?
And how are the Vibes II in comparison with the "standard" Vibes? Are they worth the higher price?

Old 12-25-2010, 10:42 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hombrus:

The Vibes are still on eBay. Looks like the cheapest colours ($7 and $11) are currently sold out. But if you want to try something new, you could pick a different V-Moda product, perhaps the Spin or Faze.

Here's a link to the Blue Vibes.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/V-Moda-Vibe-Midni...item4aa265184c

Steve

Last edited by FreeZ5; 12-26-2010 at 12:35 PM.

Old 12-26-2010, 12:51 AM

If sound quality is your main concern, with build quality and warranty support secondary, I recommend the brainwavz M1 for $40. Not that they are poorly built, but it's not as good as the second recommendation.

If fit, build quality, and warranty support are your primary concern, get the meelectronics M6 for $20. They still have very good sound for the price, but won't match the M1.

Both are great budget performers, they just emphasize different areas. Both have the sort of sound signature that benefits the genres you mentioned. Pick the qualities that matter most to you, and choose accordingly.
Pulvis et umbra sumus.
-Horace