android
Old 12-11-2010, 05:42 AM

Default COWON S9 MSC Problems

Hi guys,

i wanted to connect my s9 to my windows 7 x64 through msc, but it seems that it isnt able to read or install drivers for the s9 on my computer. It gave 3 dull tones when the usb is plugged in..

MTP works fine thou, however in that mode it is not possible to add in UCI for my s9.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-11-2010, 08:41 PM

bump

Old 12-12-2010, 06:49 AM

MSC is the same transfer mode any USB stick or external HDD uses, it needs no special drivers. Did you try different USB ports on your computer? In case you plug the S9 into a hub or the front of the PC, try plugging it into the back of the PC instead.

Old 12-19-2010, 08:05 PM

ditto to what dfkt said. I have a magicjack device that only works in specific usb ports. It's very possible that your S9 is demanding more power from a usb port than it actually has to give. Switching to a different usb port usually resolves these problems. Let us know how everything works out for you.

Old 12-21-2010, 06:17 PM

Was using the back usb ports of my computer, tried a few of them and still din work.. same goes for the front usb ports. Very weird problem indeed, luckily MTP mode works. Issit possible to change the usb power supplied to the s9..?