android
Old 12-02-2010, 05:40 AM

Default Salvaging a Vision M Hard Drive

Hi there,

Some time ago (well, a long time ago), I broke my Zen Vision M by having a drink in my bag leak all over it. Since then, it won't turn on or do anything else.

It seems that the mp3 player's dead but I was wondering whether it might be possible to salvage the hard drive and get the music off it that I accumulated over the years (I formatted my pc before the accident and didn't back it up)?

Thanks a lot

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-07-2010, 06:47 AM

Default I also need help with this

after being run over by my car the only thing thats not destroyed in my ZEn vision:m is the hard drive. is there any way to get my files off?

Old 12-07-2010, 08:42 PM

Once your files are on the Zen, you can't access them. Creative chose to use a non-standard method of formatting the data area of the hard drives. The only way to offload them is to swap the drive into a working ZVM.

Old 12-07-2010, 09:15 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Thumb Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by delaware74b View Post
Once your files are on the Zen, you can't access them. Creative chose to use a non-standard method of formatting the data area of the hard drives. The only way to offload them is to swap the drive into a working ZVM.
I will also add that if the drive came out of a player that was a 30Gb then the player used to read it should be the same. The 60Gb players have different motherboards & won't read the drive of a 30Gb motherboard.

Old 12-21-2010, 04:32 PM

Long time from summer!
Hi! I had a similar problem, I "watered" my creative zen vision m 60 while I was driving so I couldn't try to stop the disaster... :-(
When it dried completely I was able to recharge the battery, but it make a strange repetitive sound, so I guessed it was a fault on the mainboard because of the so much water!
I bought from ebay a spare mainboard just to realize that the damaged part of the machine was its hard drive! So I got an adaptor to its small 1.8 HD and connected to my linux pc. It make the same noise and was wasted, so I bought a replacement disk and it is live again, and I've got some spares now!