android
Old 12-10-2010, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Interesting how different tastes can be.

I like everything about the J3 better than the S9 - the buttons (especially the power button instead of the slider, and the location and tactile response of the other buttons), the form factor, the interface, and so on.
im sure you are the person to ask what biterate do u rip ya music in?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-10-2010, 03:39 PM

FLAC L8 for storage, LAME V0 for portable use.

Old 12-10-2010, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Interesting how different tastes can be.

I like everything about the J3 better than the S9 - the buttons (especially the power button instead of the slider, and the location and tactile response of the other buttons), the form factor, the interface, and so on.
The power button over the slider is a huge improvement. Gotta give you that one. The slider is a broken part waiting to happen.

Old 12-10-2010, 04:45 PM

Seriously. I just shipped my player back to Cowon again today. My power button has broken twice so far, along with my volume down button and my screen (The screen was my fault, though. haha) I'm planning on getting a J3 when I can.. Can't wait.

Old 12-10-2010, 04:54 PM

dang now ill worry about the switch

Old 12-10-2010, 08:37 PM

how is this player for fans of rock and metal music?

Old 12-10-2010, 09:02 PM

I've had my S9 for a year. I've been careful with the power switch. It hasn't gone out yet. Maybe I've just been luckier than others.

Old 12-10-2010, 10:23 PM

Sounds good to my ears for rock. Don't listen to much metal anymore, so I can't really say. You'll have a lot of opportunities to tinker with the BBE and EQ settings if you wish to get everything sounding to your liking with your S9 and headphones.

Old 12-10-2010, 10:53 PM

i think im just going to quit worrying i felt like this years ago when i got my vision m and worrying did no good my vision m still works like the day i got it

Old 12-10-2010, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richteratmosphere View Post
Sounds good to my ears for rock. Don't listen to much metal anymore, so I can't really say. You'll have a lot of opportunities to tinker with the BBE and EQ settings if you wish to get everything sounding to your liking with your S9 and headphones.
cool

Old 12-11-2010, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthemist View Post
how is this player for fans of rock and metal music?
If you mean modern type rock like Seether, Sick Puppies, and metal like As I lay Dying, August Burns Red, et cetera, it sounds fantastic. I'm using my little brother's confiscated 8GB iPod touch while waiting for my s9 to get back, and I'm having a sound quality withdrawal. The s9 really is a lot better, in all areas of music I've tried.

Old 12-21-2010, 02:35 AM

inthemist, you shouldn't have to worry about bricking your s9 as long as you remember to eject it correctly from your pc. Most of the bricking occurs because people get excited and the forget to observe the rules about safely ejecting usb connected devices. As long as you remember to eject properly you won't have any problems. I've had my device for over a year and have yet to do anything bad to it and it runs like a champ. You'll especially love how good the music sounds with a quality pair of headphones. You'll want to upgrade to a decent pair. I have a pair of klipsch S4's and they are especially nice paired with my player. They're not the most expensive but I didn't want to spend money on another pair of headphones that bricked themselves over a two year period because of poor wiring. That happened with two previous headphones. Oh, and the video on the S9 is nothing short of amazing. TV shows and movies look incredible. I do recommend invisible shield to protect your baby. I don't know how many people here with s9's actually have protected their players but it's worth it. I don't have to put my s9 in a protective cover and it has no scratches at all. Invisible shield was about $25+ shipping. Only thing I'd recommend is to find a zagg kiosk and have them install it if you buy it. They'll charge you an additional $10 to install it but it's better for them to do it. Why? Well, zagg used to enclose a small rubber squeegee for installing your invisible shield on electronics. Now it's a credit card and the credit card sucks! When I went to the zagg kiosk what were they using? A rubber squeegee to install invisible shields. I even chatted with a guy at the kiosk and he told me he hated the credit card as well.