android
Old 12-14-2010, 04:43 PM

Default What do you get with the J3?

Hello!

One of my relatives suddenly made a video-call yesterday and showed me the player in all it's lovelyness - and I now I'm filled with excitement! The following night I had a little nightmare though. The Cowon J3 had finally got the whole way from USA to Denmark, and just as I opened I saw a 10cm thick mini-CRT-monitor with a blurry fragmented screen in the same quality as too old TV screens!

Anyway, after checking the website to be sure that this wasn't the case, I am now wondering a bit about what I was actually being told by my relative yesterday. There seem to be some sort of stand that comes with the J3 as well as the fact that it's packaged in some sort of glass-plastic-like box where I thought it would be more similar to the X7's white box.

Before I wonder too much tho I should probably just ask instead.
Which accessories and packagery comes with the Cowon J3 32GB Black?

Last edited by Urne; 12-15-2010 at 01:12 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-14-2010, 04:46 PM

It comes with crappy earbuds and an USB cable. The rest is just packaging and marketing.

Old 12-15-2010, 01:13 AM

Thank you for the reply, I noted that point down as well.

Old 12-15-2010, 08:32 AM

Well, you also get the Jetaudio media software on a nice little cd-rom(which I guess would be considered marketing since you can download it from their site) The software is functional, nothing special though. I wonder why it does not have the ability to rip cd's to mp3 format- if it did, I might even use it, assuming it would rip to 256 or 320 kbps.

Cheers,

Old 12-15-2010, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunge100 View Post
The software is functional...
Is this true? I have not been able to get the software I received with my J3 to convert more than 30 seconds of a video file.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:05 AM

There's much better software than Jetaudio to be had, for both audio- and video conversion. This is one of the best ways to get quality video encodes on the J3: http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56633

Old 12-15-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
There's much better software than Jetaudio to be had, for both audio- and video conversion. This is one of the best ways to get quality video encodes on the J3: http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56633
Thanks for that - I'm already using Super - I was just interested to find out whether the CD I got from Cowon (actually two CDs, I got one with my D2+ too....) was worth anything more than a drinks coaster

Old 12-15-2010, 11:17 AM

It might make a nice coaster for the flowerpot/pencil holder box the J3 comes in.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:20 AM

Yes, that has a certain synergy

Old 12-15-2010, 01:02 PM

Thanks for the extra information. I guess the stand I saw just was some sort of white plastic bottom for no use, heh.

I haven't yet been able to do a successful conversion of one movie using SUPER without the sound getting worse (even with PCM). Has any of you experienced anything similar? What formats did you convert from?

Tags
accessories, box, cowon, glass, j3