android
Old 11-28-2010, 05:29 AM

Do you know if the bug of the reconnecting after the safe removing (MTC mode) it's fixed?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-28-2010, 05:46 AM
Samsung Moderator

It can't be fixed yet as I've never reported it
It only occurs on Windows vista and 7 right?
I guess the R0 displays "safely disconnected from PC" on Windows XP.

Old 11-28-2010, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
Anyway now you don't care anymore, do you?
Just a little question out of topic but who can afford a R0 in India? only upper class in big cities or?
Yeah having already burnt my hands with R0 I would not take risk again.
Samsung R0 is NOT officially available in India.
Samsung launched Q1,S3 and P3 in India but due to low sales its dealers are not interested to keep stock.
Though SAMSUNG is BIG brand for LCD/LED TV ,Monitors,Laptops in India.
Only ipods(Apple) are popular here that are costly here but still sell decently.
There is a good majority of buyers for ipods in India and not limited to few upper class people.
Even Sony and Philips are struggling(as they are not ipods)
My purchase of R0 was through reseller who bought product on my behalf from States.

Old 11-28-2010, 05:57 AM

Quote:
It can't be fixed yet as I've never reported it
It only occurs on Windows vista and 7 right?
I guess the R0 displays "safely disconnected from PC" on Windows XP.
I don't know regarding WindowsXP, but in Vista/7 it occurs

Old 12-03-2010, 01:35 PM

hi again, the only bug i know is that timer thing, it just appears using the 30min, not such a big deal. In my eyes most of the problems seem to be history

Last edited by schrom13; 12-03-2010 at 02:12 PM.

Old 12-03-2010, 02:59 PM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrom13 View Post
hi again, the only bug i know is that timer thing, it just appears using the 30min, not such a big deal. In my eyes most of the problems seem to be history
Samsung told me this bug will be fixed in next firmware IF they decide to release a new firmware.
So I'm currently negociating with them to get a one more firmware release (probably the last one)

My current requests list is:
-fix manual library update issues
-fix: myDNSe settings lost in sleep mode
-Improve safe disconnection on Windows Vista and 7
-Fix the issue in Text viewer in Russian language (words are cut at the end of lines)
-Fix this bug: After updating the library manually in the settings, there is an issue in “recently added” songs. It displays all songs added at the same date (today) even if files were added at different dates
-Fix this bug: When selecting Datacasts icon while there are no datacasts on the R0, it displays 2x the word “EmoDio” in French and Italian languages

Old 12-05-2010, 06:59 AM

2 requests from hwupgrade:
- fix player crash when listening to radio (I think it's a random bug, anyway I told you...)
- fix player crash: after standby, when turning back from music listening

Old 12-05-2010, 07:09 AM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ||dav1de|| View Post
2 requests from hwupgrade:
- fix player crash when listening to radio (I think it's a random bug, anyway I told you...)
I know there is such a bug, several Russian and Italian already reported it but neither me nor Samsung knows how to reproduce it Until now no user has been able to tell me how to reproduce this bug so I consider it occurs at random and is not likely to be fixed

Quote:
- fix player crash: after standby, when turning back from music listening
Hum, does it occur with any song or with a specific file only?
If Persio can make a short video and upload it on Youtube and, if it is necessary, to send me the problematic file, that would help me

Thank you dude

Old 12-06-2010, 11:17 AM

A new request (that I know won't be listened) is to get lyric function also with european region code ('cause there's people that want both lyrics and RDS).

Old 12-06-2010, 11:25 AM
Samsung Moderator

As far as I know, the lyrics feature never worked on Samsung mp3 players with EU firmware (old models) or EU region code (more recent models) except on the P2 (due to the TTS feature available in all region codes).

So it's useless to ask Samsung to add this feature for the current products. But it may be a request for the future products.
But I think they do not care about this feature anymore. They have not updated Samsung Lyrics Station for 5 years now and EmoDio is getting replaced by Kies so...

Last edited by lebellium; 12-06-2010 at 11:31 AM.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:59 PM

ROFL... first time downloading a Samsung firmware in ages. Why the hell is this thing 50MB zipped? The J3 firmware is 5MB, and it has about three times as many features.

Old 12-09-2010, 01:39 PM
Samsung Moderator

Why Samsung firmwares are much bigger than Cowon's is the same mystery for me as the reason why you downloaded the R0 firmware. Did you mistake it for the U1 firmware?

PS: the J3 firmware is rather 10MB zipped^^

Old 12-09-2010, 01:43 PM

http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/sho...postcount=4632

Old 12-09-2010, 01:49 PM
Samsung Moderator

HoHo! You bought a R0 while I just bought a Sansa Clip+, that's a sign!

So now don't hesitate to report the bugs to me ahaha

Quote:
Best of luck to the guys porting Rockbox to it at the moment
I guess that will take much time. Samsung has not uploaded the real R0 kernel source code yet...The R0/R1 source code available is only the R1 one actually...

Old 12-10-2010, 05:00 AM

yeah i've been waiting for ages for it to appear. but the good thing is I have some time to study now

Old 12-10-2010, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slade View Post
yeah i've been waiting for ages for it to appear. but the good thing is I have some time to study now
Meaning Rock box is out of syllabus.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
So now don't hesitate to report the bugs to me ahaha
Sure, since you offer it so nicely.

The things that (so far) annoy me the most about the R0 firmware are:
  • First button-click turns on the screen, only the second click executes the function I want it to do. This is highly annoying. I don't want to turn on the screen when the player is in my pocket, I want it to skip a track, or pause/unpause it - on the first click, not on the second.
  • Very slow bootup time. Even without database rebuild, this thing takes ages to start. It should have a sleep mode with instant-on or something similar, like Cowons and Sonys.
  • Annoying startup and shutdown sounds can't be turned off.
  • No pan/balance. The easiest to implement feature, right after volume control. My ears are imbalanced (and so are the ears of a multitude of people out there), pan/balance should be an essential feature on any player - just like on any decent home hifi amp. Can't use the R0 without a self-made pan control adapter cable.
  • Gapless. Well, it's ridiculous not having gapless in 2010. Just thought I mention it again.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:52 AM

@Dfkt:
I think your wishes will be fulfilled only through Rockbox as Labellium told already that Samsung only fixes bugs(that too after Labellium harass them) and not introduce new features.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:54 AM

The first three are bugs, in my book - the latter two are missing features.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:05 PM
Samsung Moderator

Welcome to the Samsung world
Firsty, there are some easy things you have to know about Samsung and the firmwares releases: The policy has changed over the years. Some years ago, Samsung launched their DAPs on the market as soon as possible and planned to add new features in the firmwares. That was the case on the P2/T10/S5 with the "bluewaves" policy. The current policy is to launch as many new products as possible and to decrease the support of current products in term of R&D time. That means, since the P3 era Samsung do not change or add new features via firmwares anymore. The firmwares are only released to fix bugs contrary to Cowon. There might be some exceptions when a feature is absolutely necessary for the user experience (their opinion of course lol) or if there may be a big issue without adding the new feature. But in this case, the new firmware requires the agreement of many different people and departments at Samsung Korea.
This is important to understand my replies below:

1) I agree but that's not a bug so won't be fixed
2) It already has a sleep mode like the R1 (which kills the battery life...). Mine starts in 4s in sleep mode.
3) Not a bug so won't be fixed. And there is no startup sound in sleep mode. For the anecdote, in 2005 a guy named Dave Van Der Meer who was directly in touch with the Software Engineer of the YP-T6 made a special request: remove the annoying startup sound. His contact/friend at the R&D made a custom firmware only for him (2.240). But that was in 2005, the MP3 division was not so strictly managed and organized as today. There was not such a internal hierarchy at the time.
4) Hope Slade will manage to port Rockbox
5) I have been requesting this feature for 4 years now. I harassed them 1000 times, I've got the support of many people at Samsung, even the Korean Product Planning Manager seemed to agree with me when he came to Paris but it seems that nobody is influencial enough for that. The reply is easy: Would require too much time of developpment. Incompatible with their "launch the product as soon as possible" policy. But I don't give up. I've already won a first fight for the microSD integration (see the Galaxy Player 50)

I know that's disappointing but there is almost nothing to expect from the Samsung firmwares like for other brands (Sony, Creative) as long as they follow their current policy.
To my knowledge, only Cowon, Microsoft and sometimes Sansa firmwares add new features.

Last edited by lebellium; 12-13-2010 at 12:28 PM.

Tags
1.23, firmware, r0, samsung, yp-r0