android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Old 12-04-2010, 09:10 AM

Default Sennheiser PXC 310 or the Audio technica ATH m50's

I am deciding between what headphones to get, the Sennheiser PXC 310's or the Audio Technica ATH m50's, or possibly the Denon AH-NC732 's. I do some mixing on my computer and own a synthesizer and yamaha p80 that are both attached to my PA system so i'll probably be using them for that also, but probably 60 percent of what ill be using it for is listening to music. So with that in mind i was wondering which one has the best sound and would be best for what i would use it for? Also how long is the ATH m50's coiled cord coiled up?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-04-2010, 03:42 PM

I'm not a fan of noise canceling cans as they just aren't as accurate and they use outside noise introduced to the headphone's sound to kind of cancel out the outside noise, so they aren't as true to the sound as passive noise cancelling.

If you want to use the headphones you buy for any production i would stay away from active noise cancelling and stick with cans like the M50 that thru a seal of the pads and solid build prevent a lot of outside noise.

Of those listed the M50 are easily the ones i would suggest. The coiled cable is about 3.5-4' without stretching out the coil from measuring mine.
Battle.net Tag: wuaffiliate#1677

Old 12-04-2010, 06:02 PM

I just received the senn pcx 310( I won them in a twitter contest) They are nice and the push to hear thing is cool, but I don't think they are a good value (except for me because I got em free) The noise cancellation is about as good as my TMA-1 but the Tmas sound MUCH better.

Tags
audio-technica ath-m50, headphones, sennheiser, sennheiser pxc 310