Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2010, 04:55 PM
Samsung Moderator

Originally Posted by wyrdeau View Post
Thanks lebellium for your reply.

I've also got the much older T9 which also offers skip interval (going down to a slightly lower 3s minumum) but 5s is fine. Am I right in assuming that this would operate just like the T9, i.e. in both play and pause, a single click on the left or right jumps the track back or forward by the selected interval? That's all I need.
Yes, you're right assuming

In fact I'm curious now, because I wonder what 'study mode' on the U5 offers over and above this? (perhaps I should take a look at the manual!).

That's the study mode on the U5. Basically that's just an optimised mode to control the play speed, the skip interval and the A-B function at the same time. But on the U5 there are only the DNSe 3.0 Core so there is a variation of pitch when you ajust the play speed. So it's a useless study mode...

Regarding play speed; yes, I'd only use this for speech and I wouldn't expect to stretch the timing (make it slower) to anything beyond 75% - i.e. a 3 second passage at normal speed would last 4 seconds at the stretched speed.

Do you think one of the 3 slow settings would achieve approximately this degree of adjustment?

- thanks again for taking the time...
Slow 1: 3s passage in 3,7 seconds
Slow 2: - in 4 seconds
Slow 3: - in 4,2 seconds
But I benchmarked that with the R0 time bar and the P3's stopwatch, I'm not sure that's very accurate but well your test passed ^^
I'm French^^ *GenerationMP3 Samsung Moderator*