android
Old 11-26-2010, 11:11 PM

Default Stuck trying to figure out "best" case for J3

I'm hoping to finally get a J3 (money has been tight so had to hold off getting one) and I'm back to trying to find a case. I was thinking of getting the COWON carrying case that JetAudio sells, but the reviews say its not worth it. I'd get one of the silicon fitted cases people have talked about here, but I've had bad experience with them in the past (chipped edge of my Sansa R250 when I dropped it in one), not to mention that it doesn't protect the screen. I know I can get screen protectors, but when I try and put them on it never comes out look "right" and usually has a bunch of dust and crud underneath that ends up scratching the screen anyway.

So now I'm out of ideas. I know I can search google for hours on end, but I'd rather try to get some honest opinions from you guys. I'm one of those weird people that tries to get as much info as possible before making a decision. So post your thoughts. I'd appreciate it.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-27-2010, 04:39 AM

i guess you won't dig the pricing but noreve sells quality cases:

http://www.noreve.com/product/Housse...Tradition.html

it's $54, a bit too steep for my liking.

then there is tuff love (or inique, i-nique.com, uk based afaik)

for $37

http://www.amazon.com/Tuff-Luv-leath...0854307&sr=8-1

Black Cowon J3 32 GB (Black Ringke Case) - no lousy Sennheiser CX 300 anymore, Pana HJE 900 took the throne... for keeps

Old 11-27-2010, 07:07 AM

I am happy with the standard Cowon case, strange this is my case does not have cut outs for the speaker in the back, no big deal for me cause I don't use the speaker.
YMMV

Old 11-27-2010, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadohiosky View Post
i guess you won't dig the pricing but noreve sells quality cases:

http://www.noreve.com/product/Housse...Tradition.html

it's $54, a bit too steep for my liking.

then there is tuff love (or inique, i-nique.com, uk based afaik)

for $37

http://www.amazon.com/Tuff-Luv-leath...0854307&sr=8-1
The noreve cases are too much for my taste, thought its starting to look like the best choice. I never heard of the tuff love case. It looks as good as the noreve case, but cheaper. If it had a clip instead of that cable wrap it would be perfect. Like the lifetime warrenty but not sure it will be valid as I am in the states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.711 View Post
I am happy with the standard Cowon case, strange this is my case does not have cut outs for the speaker in the back, no big deal for me cause I don't use the speaker.
YMMV
Ya that was one of the complaints I read about the case. I might use the speaker to show off a video clip to my friends, but normally I won't be using it either.

Sorry, I'm just a worry wart. I'm coughing up the extra money to get a black 16GB (as the 8GB only comes in white), so I want to make sure that nothing damaging ever happens to it.

Last edited by GumbyX84; 11-27-2010 at 07:49 AM.

Old 11-27-2010, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GumbyX84 View Post
The noreve cases are too much for my taste, thought its starting to look like the best choice. I never heard of the tuff love case. It looks as good as the noreve case, but cheaper. If it had a clip instead of that cable wrap it would be perfect. Like the lifetime warrenty but not sure it will be valid as I am in the states.

Ya that was one of the complaints I read about the case. I might use the speaker to show off a video clip to my friends, but normally I won't be using it either.

Sorry, I'm just a worry wart. I'm coughing up the extra money to get a black 16GB (as the 8GB only comes in white), so I want to make sure that nothing damaging ever happens to it.
yeah i know, but the noreve has a plastic belt clip included, it seems as if there is none available for i-nique/tuff luv products (but maybe you could take clip from another device company?)

Black Cowon J3 32 GB (Black Ringke Case) - no lousy Sennheiser CX 300 anymore, Pana HJE 900 took the throne... for keeps

Last edited by deadohiosky; 11-27-2010 at 09:17 AM.

Old 11-27-2010, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadohiosky View Post
yeah i know, but the noreve has a plastic belt clip included, it seems as if there is none available for noreve products (but maybe you could take clip from another device company?)
You mean none available for tuff love cases right?

Old 11-27-2010, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GumbyX84 View Post
You mean none available for tuff love cases right?
yeah ofc, stupid me. gonna edit.

Old 11-29-2010, 12:14 AM

This (Noreve) is hands down the best case I've ever owned for any device.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1600x1200.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1600x1200.