android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Cowon iAudio > Cowon S9

Old 11-20-2010, 02:41 PM

Default Does anyone know if the line-in cable also charges the player???

??

I really hope so or do anyone know what else can charge this player

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-20-2010, 02:54 PM

No, the line-in cable is just a 3.5mm stereo jack, there's no means to connect it to an USB port or AC adapter.

To charge the player you have to use the regular USB cable, attached to a computer or an AC USB charger.

Old 11-20-2010, 03:19 PM

Default Yea, does anybody know what else could charge the cowon s9 without the usb cable

I went to a conference of my school and when I got back, my stuff was stolen and what not, i had my mp3 wit me but tha charger is gone, i know where to buy a new one but i want something to charge for right now before I leave to go home for thanksgiving next week and ordering it wont get here in time and I dont have $$ for the quick delivery

I heard some phone chargers? or a iphone charger?

Something that local students might have that can charge ??

Old 11-20-2010, 03:30 PM

There's absolutely no need to make a new topic for the same question.

You can charge the player with any USB charger, such as this: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2379 - you cannot charge it without its specific USB cable, though. Without the cable you're SOL. You can buy the cable here: http://jetmall.net/index.asp?PageAct...ROD&ProdID=475

Old 11-20-2010, 03:40 PM

yea Im thinking Im SOL, but I researched and came up wit threads on here about this but it wasnt all the way clear and these was in 2009 http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=46655

so I want to know if their are more or an update on other chargers with the same tip as the cowon s9??

Old 11-20-2010, 04:00 PM

There is no charger available with the plug the S9 needs. You need the S9 cable, and then any USB charger will work. That's exactly what the thread you linked also said. There are Korean cellphone chargers with the same connector, but you won't get them in the US/EU.. at least not easily. You need the cable anyways to connect the S9 to a computer to load music/movies on it. Having a charger with a fixed cable would be stupid in that case, since you wouldn't be able to connect the S9 to a computer with it.