android
Old 11-16-2010, 04:53 PM

Default BBE EQ Settings?

Can anyone provide me a link for posts on setting up BBE. I saw it in the past but I can't find it now. In the post several people gave their own setting i.e. EQ 7 5 0 5 8 BBE- 4 3 3 off SE- 1 1
I couldn't even find it the info on the BBE web site for their owen VIVI A and headphone headphone2 headphone3 settings.

thanks in advance

**Edited**

I found the link I was looking for http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25138 lot of IMO here fun to try things others are using. I don't know if its me or the EQ'ing but my Westone UM3x's have become much more bassy even with just BBE. Stange.

Last edited by g.711; 11-22-2010 at 04:37 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-16-2010, 05:01 PM

Whatever sounds best to your ears sound best to your ears. This depends on your taste, your music, and most of all on the earphones you use. That might not be the same what other people prefer.

The ViVA presets are a different algorithm, you can't 100% emulate them with the user-tweakable settings at hand.

(Edited, removed useless information.)

Old 11-16-2010, 11:30 PM

I use westone UM3x's, I'll give your settings a whirl it get a bit frustrating when you think you have it just right and then switch back to BBE VIVA. With all my adjustment I tend to keep going back to BBE Head Phone 2 but I would like to tweak it down a bit on the low end. I just can’t find that sweet spot.

Old 11-17-2010, 09:58 AM

http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25138

Old 11-17-2010, 04:36 PM

thanks I've been searching all over ABI, wow thanks.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.711 View Post
thanks I've been searching all over ABI, wow thanks.
Try This:

EQ: 7,-1,5,8,9
Wide,Normal,Narrow, Normal,Wide
BBE+:
BBE: 10
Mach3Bass: 6
3D Surround: 3

SE Enhance: On
Reverb: Off

Try that^^^ Sounds amazing with 2 different headphones I use

Old 11-18-2010, 01:32 AM

mDWRIGHT1032 -
What type of headsets do you use? Can you describe the flavor this will give to you? I am really looking to open up the sound, I guess they call it sound stage. Do you think the 3D Surround or the EQ-Wide does that better. If I could only mimic the Head Phone 2 and reduce the EQ-Bass and add some 3D’ness to it I would be there. Don’t get me wrong I often fall asleep with my UM3x in my ear so I am pleased. Its just a little more spaciousness i’m looking for.

Old 11-18-2010, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.711 View Post
mDWRIGHT1032 -
What type of headsets do you use? Can you describe the flavor this will give to you? I am really looking to open up the sound, I guess they call it sound stage. Do you think the 3D Surround or the EQ-Wide does that better. If I could only mimic the Head Phone 2 and reduce the EQ-Bass and add some 3Díness to it I would be there. Donít get me wrong I often fall asleep with my UM3x in my ear so I am pleased. Its just a little more spaciousness iím looking for.
Klipsch image s4is and Sennheiser PX 200 II's.

This does open it up. The headphone preset's sound very weak compared to my setting.

Old 12-08-2010, 05:48 AM

Default Kind replies

Thanks very much for your quick and helpful replies. I'm already hopelessly in love with this unit: just ask my beloved Zen player how fickle a man can be....

I am now wandering through the (seemingly endless) forest of EQ settings, and anxiously await a pair of JVC FX500, just ordered, to enhance the deliciously daunting task of finding the perfect setting(s). Even on my aging ATH-CM700s, the sound is pretty darn stunning. First impressions are that if the bass presence of "BBE Headphone2" could be combined with "Crystal Clear" sound, I could die a happy man. But I recall reading in one of the forums that it will not be a simple matter of tweaking one of the presets. Ah well. But where is the fun in perfection I ask you?

'til next time...

Old 12-08-2010, 07:33 AM

Lightbulb For those still seeking...

...should really give MDWright 1032's EQ settings (above) a whirl. Way above noticeable improvement (over presets). I've tried several others found on the S9 Jet effect link, but this one seems far more comprehensive (equally good over a wide spectrum of styles). I'm currently using ATH-CM700's but will report back once a just-ordered pair of JVC HA-FX700 arrive. In any case, MD's settings should provide an excellent reference point from which to make further adjustments..

Cheers,

Old 12-08-2010, 08:09 AM

Thank you mdwright1032 for posting those settings. I gave it a try using my Koss PortaPro's and it sounds awesome. Just what I was looking for.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinybeast View Post
I am now wandering through the (seemingly endless) forest of EQ settings, and anxiously await a pair of JVC FX500, just ordered, to enhance the deliciously daunting task of finding the perfect setting(s). Even on my aging ATH-CM700s, the sound is pretty darn stunning. First impressions are that if the bass presence of "BBE Headphone2" could be combined with "Crystal Clear" sound, I could die a happy man. But I recall reading in one of the forums that it will not be a simple matter of tweaking one of the presets.
You might experiment with this one, from MDWright1032. He also posted the same suggested EQ settings on this forum, in this post.

After his original posts, he added mention of some additional changes to the frequencies for the EQ, in this post.

EDIT: note that he even posted that EQ setup in THIS THREAD (a bit earlier, back in November)

I've tried this setup myself, and must remark that it is truly outstanding (with my very large Sony CD950 headphones)! I think it will give you the combination you're looking for.

At least one person has rejected it as "too harsh", preferring a more flat purist sound from the J3.

Several people have confirmed my own feeling, that it is very LOUD (at least compared to flat, or one of the other standard J3 presets like "BBE")! Certainly it is as loud at a volume setting of 31-32 as you would get from flat/BBE with a volume setting of 36-38... so yes, I would say THAT IS LOUD!

But if you keep the volume down around 31, the above mentioned EQ (should we call it "the MDWright1032 EQ"?) is really stunningly gorgeous... with a kind of clarity, presence, and 3D-like reality that makes other settings I've previewed just sound dull and flat, almost "compressed" in comparison.

Give it a try.

===================================

Just for ease of reference, MDWright1032 EQ is as follows:

BBE+:

With minor tweaks to the five frequency bands:

80Hz 220Hz 1.4kHz 3.0khz 11.7khz

Last edited by DSperber; 12-08-2010 at 09:08 AM.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:51 AM
Banned

my ears are bleeding already.

Old 12-08-2010, 11:38 PM

Still use that setting and works with every set of headphones I use. I just purchased a pair of CX 500's and it sounds good with these also.

Old 12-09-2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSperber View Post

mdwright1032's EQ
===================================

Just for ease of reference, MDWright1032 EQ is as follows:

BBE+:

With minor tweaks to the five frequency bands:

80Hz 220Hz 1.4kHz 3.0khz 11.7khz
Turning reverb on a low (1-3) helps reduce sibilance with my Visang R03's.

Old 12-28-2010, 08:51 PM

I am using midwright's settings right now. Vast improvement.

Before I get sucked into the ultimate EQ, I will stop right here. Am already mortified as it is about getting too consumed.

Old 12-31-2010, 01:33 AM

I too am using Midwright's EQ setting and its amazing crisp bass and clarity hits smoothly on the Hippo VBs : )
Cowon J3 32gb + 16gb MicroSDHC
Hippo VB, Sennheiser CX300 II

Old 01-29-2011, 05:12 AM

I agree, mdwright1032's EQ is absolutely gorgeous! Before that I tend to stick to the Mach3Bass preset, but that doesn't compare to this at all. Also had to go down from 19 to 14 in volume on the J3 but that doesn't bother me. So far, my Logitech speakers and the VBs perfom very nicely with this. The only speaker that performs badly is a pair of Sony speakers where the bass is rather broken (compared to the Mach3Bass setting). Anyway, thanks for sharing!

Old 01-29-2011, 09:38 AM

holy crap. . . that would make my ears bleed with any headphone.

Old 01-29-2011, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdwright1032 View Post
Try This:

BBE+:

Try that^^^ Sounds amazing with 2 different headphones I use
Tried it on my new J3! Sounds very good with the panasonic re-hje900's. Although a tiny bit 'artificial', this setting is like comparing SD to HD in the tv-world. Maybe a bit more tweaking would eliminate the 'artificial' feel, idk... I'd love to mess around, but I don't know where to start as I don't know anything about EQ's hehe.

My music collection is comprised of mainly FLAC or V0 encodes at the very least.