android
Old 11-15-2010, 03:25 PM

Default Mic background noise issues on Siberia v2

Dunno if that's the appropriate subforum to post this topic to... anyway, i'm having troubles with recording on my HP Pavilion 6680 with Realtek HD soundcard. there's always a strong background noise no matter what mic and program i use skype, teamspeak and so on.

using Win7, driver version 2.54, siberia v2 headphones. would appreciate any suggestions to troubleshoot this issue.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-16-2010, 12:33 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Could be a number of things, might help if you described what the background noise is like? If its just a background hiss, one thing that might be able to help is to go to your mic settings (or whatever recording device your using) and check the recording bandwidth its set to. If its at some high "studio" quality setting it can help with cheaper mics to use a lower bandwidth like AM/FM.

Old 11-16-2010, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack4L View Post
Could be a number of things, might help if you described what the background noise is like? If its just a background hiss, one thing that might be able to help is to go to your mic settings (or whatever recording device your using) and check the recording bandwidth its set to. If its at some high "studio" quality setting it can help with cheaper mics to use a lower bandwidth like AM/FM.
it's not hiss it's like white noise very well heard in the background while speaking. i tested my headphone mic on other notebook and it worked fine. i'm really upset because every mic i use with my laptop has those distortions. may it be due to specific driver version?

Old 11-17-2010, 11:38 AM

any ideas folks?