android
Old 11-16-2010, 04:50 AM

Unhappy Wax troubles with Sennheiser IE8...

Hello,

I'm desperate, it's the second time I have to go to the audiologist because of those stupid IE8... It gives me a lot of wax and it's way deep I've tried a product that usually works but now it does'nt anymore, it's totally unreachable (well, for the left ear at least). I think I put sleeves that were too deep...

As the confort is not good anyway I'd like to get some molded sleeves. Do you think it will resolve the wax problem ? Normally molded sleeves don't have to go very deep... Alternatively I'll have to go for headphones . But it's very sad because I love the IE8 sound, both SQ and SS...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-16-2010, 05:20 AM

I use the IE8 almost daily while sleeping, to my ears they're extremely comfortable. I use large Ultimate Ears Super.Fi tips with them and let them rest on the outside of my ear canal - I don't push them in. They get a good enough seal that way, aren't intrusive, and stay in place.

Maybe try some larger size tips than you normally do and don't shove them in to deep?

Old 11-16-2010, 05:35 AM

People have different ears... Some ears are very prone to excessive wax and some ears don't clean themselves naturally as they are supposed to. I also have this problem and I need to go to the audiologist to have my left ear cleaned once in every 3 years or so.

In other words, there might not be a whole lot you can do, you might simply have ears that produce too much wax.

With this said, I am sure you can benefit from taking extra care to keep your tips and IEMs very clean.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:25 PM

Arrow Right

Thank you for your replies ! Thanks dfkt :P, I did not know you were using the IE8s that much !
I forgot to mention that with the Shure SE420 for instance I've never had this problem... And actually, I did not pay attention and I think I did push the IEM sleeve beyond the ear canal opening for a long time. I wasn't expecting such consequences !
Dfkt you already mentionned that UE Super.Fi tips but I did'nt find them. Anyways, I wanted to go to the ultimate solution with the molded sleeves, for confort, insane sound quality and no wax troubles . I asked the audiologist about the wax troubles but he wasn't even able to answer me , he just said it "should" be better than my actual sleeves...

Dfkt, if you're here by the way I'd like to run RMAA tests of the Sony Ericson W995 and post it here, could you tell me how to do this please ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by me (not important)
I'd like to work in France for an informatic magazine in the audio part, I'm making the right studies for that (journalist) and having troubles with IEM kind of freaks me out. Obviously there's still a long way to go and I feel like a newbie but I have 4 years left and I keep testing new models, recently I tried the "Beats by Dre" headphones :P.

Tags
sennheiser ie8 wax