android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Fuze+

Old 11-13-2010, 07:45 PM

Hi dfkt,

the cover.jpg are in the album folders just because I'm used to this structure incl cover handling from my D2. When I converted all my flacs to mp3 for the fuze+ I got for my girl, I used the same structure because I'm gonna use the blues/rock/metal albums on the d2, too instead of flac - saves me space for more classical and ambient flac files.

At the time I prepared the fuze+ for her I had in mind that fuze+ can show cover art only when embedded through tagging, so I tagged the mp3s using mp3tag (works totally well), but, lazy ass I am, left the cover.jpg in all the folders. Now the smaller ones of those show in the photo section of the player which annoys me since there is a folder structure on the player where there is a photo folder. Lady's in bed with fuze+ right now so I can't tell the exact name of that folder or the section in the player's menu hehe, also I we use the language set to German, where it's "Foto" for the menu.

I just think, the "Foto" section should simply ignore pictures in the "music" folder or below, showing only pictures from the "photos" folder, that's all

Other than that it's a nice player I think, far from D2 in many aspects, but it wouldn't be fair to compare these both.

I just didn't know showing album art via folder\*jpeg was an option, too ;-)
Greets

Last edited by Adub; 11-13-2010 at 11:18 PM. Reason: there is no n in dfkt!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-14-2010, 02:32 AM

My covers (stored as "folder.jpg") don't show up in the photo section - only with the music. However, it's my experience that if you've got some alternative embedded art (stored as id3 tags in your music files) the Fuze+ will display that in preference to the folder.jpg images.

Old 11-14-2010, 08:44 AM

Thanks again, Grez ;-) Good news that the Fuze+ at least treats em right when named correctly as "folder.jpg"! Happy to read you man

Yes, embedded cover art has higher importance than folder based. Nice it can handle both.

Greets!

Tags
controls, fuze+, id3 tags, linux, sound