android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2010, 11:25 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Artmuzz: I do feel your pain. Yes, really you only have yourself to blame, but hey! We all make mistakes - lesson learned.

As for the pricing on these by Apple - I am not really surprised at all. But also, as a capitalist, I defend their right to charge as much as the market can bear. Despicable, perhaps yes. But we all know that is the nature of the beast.

The commercial machine that Apple has created is incredible. They charge massive amounts of money for their products to an enormous customer base that is largely ignorant of the real, objective pros and cons of the Apple stuff. They create desire and as a result enjoy near fanatical devotion to their gear, locking you into the way they do things. Once you go Apple, it seems upgrading to more Apple stuff is indeed the path of least resistance. Some good stuff from Apple, no doubt - great materials, design, GUIs, etc. But for the price they ask for many of their products?

There are many many alternatives out there - thus sites like ABi

Return them quietly and get them elsewhere
cheers,
-les
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies