android
Old 10-12-2010, 10:10 AM

Dave just confirmed more content for the Zune HD. He can't tell you if there's going to be a new firmware update. And why would the ZHD need one anyway?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-12-2010, 10:34 AM

Uhh...because there's always more features and options it can use?

Old 10-12-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiventa View Post
Dave just confirmed more content for the Zune HD. He can't tell you if there's going to be a new firmware update. And why would the ZHD need one anyway?
What kind of question is this? A firmware update can always be useful (especially if they finally decide to add support for flac files, a custom eq, horizontal modes etc etc...)

Old 10-12-2010, 12:03 PM
Anythingbutiphone Moderator

Seems my MP4 video stuttering is gone.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:04 PM
Buddy

Ya, sorry guys - I can't tell you when/if/what around unannounced features or releases. I am comfortable telling you that we're NOT stopping the app release train AND with all the additional attention that Zune is getting via Windows Phone 7 right now, I'm very happy being on the Zune HD team. Generic and non-specific corporate-speak, I know, but it's the best I can do.

Remember that I work exclusively on Zune hardware - not the phone, although if you do have generic WP7 questions I can't answer, I can find someone in the know.

Cheers, Dave.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:36 PM

Dave, I'd invite you participate in the WP7 forums down south. We don't have much there yet, but I'm sure we'll be moving content over from this forum that doesn't deal at least somewhat with the Zune HD (or older Zune hardware).

Old 10-12-2010, 01:34 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Any "true" facts on this latest version of the desktop software vs the previous version? I'd like to know if the code is more efficient, smaller, optimized in any way, etc. Is it smart enough to take advantage of PCs running 64bit win7 Home Premium or even those having 8gb of system memory (or more)?

It "seems" to load a little faster than the last version on my PC, but that may just be imaginary since I can't run them side-by-side.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:22 PM

I forgot to mention, there's two features I think that the Zune client software really needs.

1. True fullscreen mode
2. Ability to que up and play multiple videos, rather than select and play one at a time.

As of right now, WMP is still a better package than the Zune software, so why not just let the Zune and WP7 sync with that?

Old 10-13-2010, 02:04 AM

guys,when i press the upgrade button,it says Can't contact Microsoft Update right now.Please try again later.
i tried several time and restart my computer and still the same.what can i do now?

Old 10-13-2010, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshRead View Post
Uhh...because there's always more features and options it can use?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuniq View Post
What kind of question is this? A firmware update can always be useful (especially if they finally decide to add support for flac files, a custom eq, horizontal modes etc etc...)
Obviously guys. I meant if there are no bugs or broken features right now then why would we need one any time in the near future. According to what Dave said I think it's safe to say that aside from just adding apps, there could be another update to include more features. At least I hope so.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here-I-Come View Post
guys,when i press the upgrade button,it says Can't contact Microsoft Update right now.Please try again later.
i tried several time and restart my computer and still the same.what can i do now?
Head over to zune.net and download the software package. The upgrade file size is the same, so it looks like it just downloads the whole thing and installs over it anyway.

Old 10-14-2010, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMac-MS View Post
Ya, sorry guys - I can't tell you when/if/what around unannounced features or releases. I am comfortable telling you that we're NOT stopping the app release train AND with all the additional attention that Zune is getting via Windows Phone 7 right now, I'm very happy being on the Zune HD team. Generic and non-specific corporate-speak, I know, but it's the best I can do.

Remember that I work exclusively on Zune hardware - not the phone, although if you do have generic WP7 questions I can't answer, I can find someone in the know.

Cheers, Dave.
Not sure if you'd know this, but will the HTC Trophy have a US release? Looks like a nice piece of entry-level hardware, but it's been stated it's Europe only, which I doubt.

Old 10-15-2010, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medion View Post
Head over to zune.net and download the software package. The upgrade file size is the same, so it looks like it just downloads the whole thing and installs over it anyway.
yea i tried that,and just before the installation start,the same message saying cannot connect microsoft update server pop out again.

Btw i am using xp sp3,i guess they dont support win XP anymore i can update my vista lappy smooth using the same connection.

Old 10-15-2010, 02:38 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here-I-Come View Post
Btw i am using xp sp3,i guess they dont support win XP anymore
I really doubt that's the case, as it would leave a lot of users suddenly stranded...and that doesn't strike me as a likely first step in Microsoft's attempt to place a Windows Phone 7 into everyone's hands...

My money's on either a quirk with your system or a temporary glitch on Microsoft's end.

Old 11-12-2010, 05:42 PM

[/quote] Remember that I work exclusively on Zune hardware - not the phone, although if you do have generic WP7 questions I can't answer, I can find someone in the know.

Cheers, Dave.[/quote]

Hi Dave, I hope you can help me, I live in the UK and I really want one of the WP7 phones, I also use a ZHD and have a US live id and enjoy the marketplace via the Zune Pass. Can I sign in with my US live id on this phone in the UK; and access the marketplace as I can on my Zune HD and PC? (I don't know if the phone is region sensitive) this unknown is the only thing that's stopping me buying one, thanks, Dave

Last edited by TheCat; 11-12-2010 at 05:43 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes