android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players > MP3 Player User Reviews

Old 06-22-2008, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nywytboy68 View Post
That and I can't customize the home screen, and the clock is a screen saver!!!

Any MP3 player that can let you view pics, but not use the pics as wallpaper is a major letdown.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-23-2008, 07:41 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticstylez View Post
Any MP3 player that can let you view pics, but not use the pics as wallpaper is a major letdown.
Damn,........ don't I know it - thats 1 thing I really love about my D2. I may end up returning this thing (it'll be here in 2 days), there's so much more to my D2.

Old 06-23-2008, 11:03 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Why the emphasis on album art? My music doesn't have such beautiful album art, and I have no interest at all in seeing album art on my mp3 player.

As for this player, it has bluetooth, bluetooth headphones and noise cancellation. If someone wants all those features, then I guess this player is a good one to buy. Many here don't want those features, and would rather save around $100 by buying a 4gig D2 plus a 4 gig SD card.

Last edited by JK98; 06-23-2008 at 11:35 AM.

Old 06-23-2008, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK98 View Post
Why the emphasis on album art? My music doesn't have such beautiful album art, and I have no interest at all in seeing album art on my mp3 player.

As for this player, it has bluetooth, bluetooth headphones and noise cancellation. If someone wants all those features, then I guess this player is a good one to buy. Many here don't want those features, and would rather save around $100 by buying a 4gig D2 plus a 4 gig SD card.

Your music may not have beautiful album art, but mine does. I'd rather be able to see a nice big pic of the album I'm listening to instead of a small thumbnail photo. When you have these new sony players with a 2.4 inch screen yet the album art is the same size as the album art on a 3g nano, something is wrong.

Old 06-29-2008, 06:33 AM

Ahh, it's interesting reading everyone's opinions...

I have the A729, and I really really like it. The sound quality is fantastic (even with the supplied earbuds, which are great), the battery life is good, the screen is nice, it's so light, and it feels like a top quality product!

I don't really mind about the album art size -- sure, it would be nice if it was bigger, but to be honest -- most of the time when I listen to my player, it's in my pocket or I am doing study or something -- not looking at the screen. So I don't really care, haha.
Now, if only WMP didn't make the album art so small... :P

Old 09-21-2008, 07:43 PM

this mp3 player of sony is tha best i hve ever seen

Old 09-21-2008, 08:04 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sony4ever View Post
this mp3 player of sony is tha best i hve ever seen
It'd be a perfect 10 if they included an FM tuner and the customization options that are in the new models that have just come out.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nywytboy68 View Post
It'd be a perfect 10 if they included an FM tuner and the customization options that are in the new models that have just come out.
yeh it wud be great 2 hve fm tuner but never mind maybe in tha near future sony walkman cn cum out wid fm tuner init

Old 05-08-2009, 05:24 AM

Sorry to bring this thread up, but did any of your 72*/82* navigation pdas feel flimsy?

I just got a replacement to my A829KB as it stopped connecting to the BT headphones and the OPTION key did not give the same feedback as the BACK key - worse, less tactile.

Now both, BACK and OPTION buttons feel alright, but the D-pad feels quite flimsy compared to the previous player. God damn it, I really don't wanna bother the company that I bought it from, but the d-pad is bothering me.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:55 PM

Hot Pics : )

Old 07-18-2009, 05:12 PM

Look wise same as my A729 that i had to refund...but i knw this adds bluetooth to that design so did u try out bluetooth for anything??

Old 07-19-2009, 02:04 AM

great review .. one thing though, the sony doesn't have a glass screen its made out of plastic

EDIT: sorry just checked the date again

Old 11-02-2010, 11:17 PM

Default i dont think you need screen protection...

110210 201.jpg

110210 199.jpg

110210 133.jpg
i do not think you need (screen)protection on THIS model... it has a special coating or is glass. i remember a review that said they were scratching a coin into the screen and it started to produce 'shavings'! i did try that on this player, twice, for about 5 seconds each time. i did not see any difference in the screen before and after. the screen pics are from my player after about 2 years of almost daily use- with ZERO protection. (work/gym/working out side/biking) as you can see in the 'flash' pic, there ARE nicks and flaws, but are hard to see under normal conditions, and when it is on, all flaws disappear - it looks like it did on day one. they went out of their way to make this a player that doesn't need protection. i say go bareback with this model.

i WOULD however recommend a 'player' protector. this player is now broken, in hindsight i was a bit rough on it. i think i was slightly bending it in my pocket (fairly tight jeans) while at work and it finally started acting up after 2 years of flawless service. i have a new one in-route from the U.K. (ebay/$160/16GB/NOT b-tooth/nwz-A729 - as this one was). the player is well built and sturdy but i am getting a hard plastic case to make it even more sturdy. (it will 'freeze' and the picture will digitize. if i push the reset button it will go back to normal, but only for a short while. once froze it will drain a full battery in a few hours, which would normally take me a week.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 110210 202.jpg (192.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 110210 205.jpg (173.7 KB, 8 views)

Old 11-03-2010, 11:58 AM

Default scratch test video

here is a 'test' video i made to show off the indestructible screen on the -a729.

Old 11-03-2010, 12:47 PM

I visit an electronics store this morning where they still sell the NWZ-A828 (8GB) at 200€ and a NWZ-829 (16GB) at 300€. But they also have the NWZ-845 (16GB) at 230€.
Still waiting for them to put the old ones on a real sale price...