android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Sony Walkman

Old 11-29-2009, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascariss View Post
If you can wait until CES in january to see if sony debuts any new walkmans, then wait, it might be just worth it.
i just cant. I will sell this to get one in january if a very advanced SQ model debuts.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-30-2009, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
SenseMe channel is not an audio enhancement.
Surprise ... no one claimed that

Old 12-16-2009, 03:14 AM

Do I can buy the A728/A728 in UK now?
I mean I do not know whether it been stoped production or not.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:28 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisemen View Post
top of the range. I will need advise on that as well. Something from shure, sennheiser, etc. if need be. I have heard that the ones that come with these are decent enough but wont hesitate to get new ones if they r not good.

The E-series does have bad reviews on amazon. They are saying that its not loud enough!

You can get almost any old model from amazon resellers if not direct from amazon.

Sorry, just had to butt in here...

I have been on a mini-crusade here recently speaking out on my newly acquired E345...For the price/sound quality/capacity/form factor/fit-finish I rate it a 9. But the obvious [to me] deficiencies [please don't get me started on these as the regular viewers here will likely want to banish me forever] in the E345 turn a hugely satisfactory device into merely a good one due to basic features missing.

But the E345 "not loud enough"??!??! RIDICULOUS! I have never pushed the volume on the device beyond 16-17 out of 30. And I do like my music fairly loud [but always CLEAR]...

I suspect the complainer regarding the above:

- is a total mp3 newbie, listening to poorly encoded mp3s that need some kind of audio gain;

- needs to disable the unit's AVLS [volume limiting feature];

- needs to get some decent quality headphones and not rely on the el-cheapo ones that come with the device;

- should consult with the nearest otologist ASAP as they may have a serious hearing disorder.

cheers,
-lestatar

Old 12-21-2009, 10:00 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Many of the reviews on Amazon are quite comical and useless.

Old 12-22-2009, 12:30 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Many of the reviews on Amazon are quite comical and useless.

Marvin, couldn't agree with you more...Hey, waitaminute...I occasionally write some reviews on Amazon...oooops...

cheers,
-lestatar

Old 12-22-2009, 12:58 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I've only written one review on Amazon, but I dare say it was one of the more accurate and erudite ones I've seen there.

Old 12-22-2009, 02:52 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
I've only written one review on Amazon, but I dare say it was one of the more accurate and erudite ones I've seen there.
Marvin, I think I may have read it...it was so refreshing I nearly cried out in joy.

[modest, aren't we?]

cheers!
-lestatar

Old 01-19-2010, 09:38 PM

The old A series was the best. Transfers were fast and the sound was great. The size was limited to 8GB or 16GB if you could find one. I have a S639F to replace a A816 I lost. I love it but not as much as the A816.

With that said the newer S series have speakers which drain the power distribution e.i. DAC and output. Something has to give an the sound quality is it for the sake of speakers. They sound good but not as good as a unit that doesn't have speakers. I have heard the X series but it was enough to make the jump to it. The price is a little high to justify its price/value. If I were a young person or a gear head; I might buy a X series because of the technology and hip factor. The E series sound good but lack the processing tweeks of the A or S Series... Like Clear Stereo or DSEE. Which make the Sony Player stand out from the pack.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:49 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Problem is, Clear Stereo only works with Sony's earpohones. So if you're not using them, it's just a waste of battery.

And the new S with speakers sounds excellent. The speakers are either on or off, leave them switched off, and enjoy 12 more hours of battery life compared to the new E series, which sounds the same as the new S (according to the review here on the site).

Old 01-26-2010, 09:45 PM

You could also try the new S740 and A840.

Old 02-26-2010, 03:19 PM

First, sorry for reviving this thread, I didn't want to create a new one though.

I have an e series walkman which I bought at Future Shop (30 day return) but I've been eyeing the s740 for some time now. I've heard that it may have similar SQ to the X series (minus the amp). Does tht mean it uses a superior audio card to the e340 walkman?

Old 10-12-2010, 10:59 PM

Is the A840 available in the US?