android
Old 07-04-2009, 06:23 AM

Oh. My... Must. Resist. Serious. Urge.

Thanks for the info, Beorn.

Care to elaborate about those profiles? Pan/Balance in the usual +/-16 steps? What else do these profiles store, EQ and sound settings?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-04-2009, 02:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Oh. My... Must. Resist. Serious. Urge.
If you do give in to temptation, I'd love to see a review!!!!!

Old 07-06-2009, 08:42 AM

Ah.. Gotcha, thought it's just one of those simple knobby stuff that you set on the fly.. This one has pan/balance on 3 levels of sound..

Old 09-17-2009, 11:28 PM
Ultra Senior Member

the upgrade of V80, HD500, looks interesting, its 6gb for price $125 in japan, i really want to know how good is K2 sound technology

Old 03-10-2010, 03:05 AM

Hmm, Been a while since I last visited here and I was swamped with work and real life. I'll write more at length on this DAP after a year's long of abuse in the gym and the various songs I've pumped inside this thing.

Ok, the profiles starts from a sound stage menu where it'll play a sound at very ends of the spectrum at a low level (there are 5 levels in all, like in your standard EQ) and ask you to adjust the level until you can hear it. Thereby creating a profile. The second will be the pan/balance bit, though I think they only have that for 3 levels, from the low to the higher range sounds. Once that is done, you can save that as a profile for your headset. You can have up to 2 profiles.

EQ is treated separately and is independent of headphone profiles. And you can customize I think up to 7 EQ settings.

Then there is the options that will override your EQ settings.
Like High volume (Get a Portable amp which I did and you dont need this).
2 other heavier bass settings
and some special sound stage setting that they have tuned.

Can't remember everything exactly as I've to go back and check the device.

I'll go and look for the upgrade and see if it's any good...

Old 03-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Ultra Senior Member

i found that JVC alneo famous for its K2 technology sound enchancement , can you explain a little about it?

Old 10-11-2010, 04:33 AM

I'll see what I can find out. What I truly appreciate about this player is the profiles bit. Just gotten myself a pair of t-jays three a few weeks ago and been messing about with it.

The set is rather bass heavy, which suits me with my electronic collection which I find most IEM's to really struggle. Still, the profile comes out relatively flat.

Will update in a bit.

Old 10-11-2010, 06:08 AM

I probably need to put this through my A700 headset for this to be clear. The K2 bit was a method that JVC came up with to try and deal with losses due to digitalisation of audio content. From CD's to the current codecs. Think this is centred on the high's that are lost with mp3's.

I think maybe those people running lossless codecs might not feel the big difference with this thing. But I don't know since this player can't play the common lossless codecs out there.

For me the best thing are the profiles that you can set up to tune a pair of head-sets to your requirements, both on pan/balance (which I've learned about here ^^) as well as the amount of low/high freq sounds. And of course, gapless playback.

I still struggle to find any new DAP that comes close to this, though perhaps I might have to. Seems like JVC discontinued this.

Last edited by Beorn; 10-11-2010 at 11:25 AM.