android
Old 09-27-2010, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sYlt View Post
I've been thinking about replacing the tips to improve my listening experience with these great IEMs, and as I read here both the Sony Hybrid tips and the Ultimate Ears Super.Fi are great. I'm leaning towards the Super.Fi though, but I just can't find them selling in Europe which would be preferable than having it coming from the other side of the Atlantic.

If in the end that's not possible, then where could I get the Sony Hybrid tips in Europe as well?

Thanks! ~
Bump!

Anyone?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-27-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Bump!

Anyone?
You can buy hybrid tips, fake or genuine from eBay, that's where I got mine.

BTW if you cant find any super.fi tips then sennheiser \ v-moda \ M11 tips will work just fine, I use the tips from my CX300 and they work just fine.

Old 09-27-2010, 03:49 PM

No idea, I bought a boatload of Super.Fi tips back when discountheadphones.com were still in business. Seems they now have another name and don't sell accessories anymore.

Old 09-27-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
No idea, I bought a boatload of Super.Fi tips back when discountheadphones.com were still in business. Seems they now have another name and don't sell accessories anymore.
You have spare ones that you could sell me? haha.

But yeah, can't find them anywhere but Amazon.co.uk but that would cost me around 30€ (shipping included) which would definitely not worth it.

As for my second option the Sony Hybrid, all I can find are indeed fakes ones on Ebay.co.uk but I wonder if the fact that they are fake aren't going to affect the listening (in a bad way)?

Old 09-27-2010, 04:39 PM

Quote:
As for my second option the Sony Hybrid, all I can find are indeed fakes ones on Ebay.co.uk but I wonder if the fact that they are fake aren't going to affect the listening (in a bad way)?
They have a small nozzle size so I guess they will have some effect on the sound.

Old 09-27-2010, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alon93 View Post
They have a small nozzle size so I guess they will have some effect on the sound.
Well, this is becoming a tough choice! Are there any other alternatives that anyone would recommend?

If not, I guess I'll have to stick with the regular ones...

Old 09-27-2010, 05:00 PM

I bought some genuine Sony Hybrids from some reputable American eBay seller, "1to3shop-store" - that was *much* cheaper than buying them here in Europe, including shipping. That might be a valid option.

Old 09-27-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
I bought some genuine Sony Hybrids from some reputable American eBay seller, "1to3shop-store" - that was *much* cheaper than buying them here in Europe, including shipping. That might be a valid option.
Found it on eBay indeed, but what Alon93 told about the small nozzle size was a step back for me. BUT being that cheap I guess I could give it a try? I'll think about it.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:57 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I'm currently using the double-flange Altec Lansing tips - and they work pretty good. Amazingly enough, these darn things make my Nano 5G sound great. The bass is sweet, and the sound stage is wide,...............too bad I'm not gonna use 'em for exercise - I love them too much to take a chance on damaging them.

Old 09-27-2010, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
I'm currently using the double-flange Altec Lansing tips - and they work pretty good. Amazingly enough, these darn things make my Nano 5G sound great. The bass is sweet, and the sound stage is wide,...............too bad I'm not gonna use 'em for exercise - I love them too much to take a chance on damaging them.
And did you get those separately or are you using some that came with a pair of earphones that you bought previously? Which model btw?

Old 09-27-2010, 07:51 PM

When I first got my Panasonic RP-HJE900 phones I was disappointed that the included Large tips weren't big enough for my ear canal and I couldn't keep them in my ears. The large fit more like a medium from any other manufacture. I than decided to try my Sony MDR-EX082 tips that came with my Sony NWZS-639 player. The fit was perfect using the large size tip. After doing some digging here on the forum I discovered the Sony hybrids and wanted to give them a try. I ordered a set from Ebay for $6.99 including shipping. As you probably know, the set includes sizes SS, S, M & L. After receiving the hybrids I was once again disappointed because the size large did not fit me properly (To small). I was shocked that the hybrid large was dimensionally smaller than the Sony's that came with my player. So, yesterday I found the V-moda on ebay for a set of 6 for $3.99 including shipping. As soon as I receive these, I will report back on the fit issues I've been experiencing. Below, I have also listed the links to the Sony hybrids and theV-moda's for anyone who wants to give them a try as well.

Sony hybrids from ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

V-Moda from ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Vision1994

Old 09-27-2010, 07:57 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I own the AL UHP606 IEM's, and the tips came with them. I looked on Altec Lansing's website to see if they sell replacement tips - I couldn't find them to give you guys a link. If someone else can locate them for sale - please let me and the rest of us know.

EDIT: This isn't a bad deal:
Etymotic Research ER6i-18 Replacement Triple Flanged Eartips for Etymotic Earphones (Gray, 5 Pairs) @14.00USD

I wonder how the comfort is w/them.

Old 09-27-2010, 07:58 PM

@ vision1994
Nice impressions, but could you confirm if there are any differences on the sound when using the Sony Hybrids comparing to the included tips from the HJE900?

Quote:
I own the AL UHP606 IEM's, and the tips came with them. I looked on Altec Lansing's website to see if they sell replacement tips - I couldn't find them to give you guys a link. If someone else can locate them for sale - please let me and the rest of us know.
Can't find the tips being sold separately as well, but thanks for sharing.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:19 PM
Ultra Senior Member

sYlt: I have used the Hybrids on the Panas. To my ears, no detectable change in sound with the Sony tips. FWIW, ymmv...

EDIT:
I just tried my Hippo VB stock tips - they fit the Panas as well.

cheers,
-lestatar
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Last edited by lestatar; 09-27-2010 at 09:06 PM.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:18 PM

dfkt, can you describe the problem (hopefully with pictures) with the cable cinch on the hje900?
Pulvis et umbra sumus.
-Horace

Old 09-28-2010, 12:29 AM

Hi sYlt,

Since I couldn't get the Sony hybrids to stay in my ears tight enough, testing couldn't be done. I'm pretty much writing about fit issues I have been having and different tips I'm trying to get a proper fit. I will report back when I get the v-moda's.

Vision1994

Old 09-28-2010, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatar View Post
sYlt: I have used the Hybrids on the Panas. To my ears, no detectable change in sound with the Sony tips. FWIW, ymmv...

EDIT:
I just tried my Hippo VB stock tips - they fit the Panas as well.

cheers,
-lestatar
Glad to hear! I think I'll buy the Hybrids then, coming from USA but for the price it's a quite good opportunity as dfkt stated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision1994 View Post
Hi sYlt,

Since I couldn't get the Sony hybrids to stay in my ears tight enough, testing couldn't be done. I'm pretty much writing about fit issues I have been having and different tips I'm trying to get a proper fit. I will report back when I get the v-moda's.

Vision1994
Shame that they wouldn't fit. Fortunately or not I have small ears, but I use the medium tip on the left and the small one on the right.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Ety tips have less than 1mm inner diameter - they most definitely won't fit on the HJE. And if they would (with enough force), I can't imagine them sounding any good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JxK View Post
dfkt, can you describe the problem (hopefully with pictures) with the cable cinch on the hje900?
What problem are you referring to?

Old 09-28-2010, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Some observations:

I find these useless for the gym b/c of the short cable and fairly loose fit in the ears. These 'phones seem to make lesser sources sound really good. For some reason these sound pretty bad on my EF2A, yet I find them very enjoyable on my DAPs and they even make my terrible integrated sound somewhat clear. . . . the crappier the source the better with these! So strange. . .

I still haven't decided if I'm going to sell these or try to change them. . . I'm not sure they are worth the money.

How does the foam mod work exactly? Does one remove the filter?

Old 10-01-2010, 11:16 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Satellite_6 is not totally wrong in his personal opinion of them, but they still do have great SQ, quite clear and revealing.

My personal opinion: These IEM's pair better w/a Sony DAP than a Cowon. I personally find the SQ to be slightly thin on my Cowon J3, compared to my Sony S639. They even sound better w/my iPod Nano - and that's FUNNY!!! They're D.O.A.for using w/my J3.

I wonder how they'll sound w/my Fuze,.............. I'll try it out eventually I guess.