android
Old 09-21-2010, 02:49 AM
Banned

Default Is the PS3 Move a bad idea?

Replaced text with screenshot to prevent indexing. - dfkt

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-21-2010, 06:02 AM

I agree with what you wrote. They are trying to save a dying console. The wii had the motion playing in the bag, lets be honest, it was the first console with it to be mass marketed, and it was very successful. Most people have played or own a wii.

I purchased a 360 cause I was bored with the wii, and I wanted serious games (halo battlefield etc). Also, Kinect sounds awesome and I can't wait for it to be released, the way it isn't just about gameplay, but how you control the 360 console with words and motions - I think that is going to be a hit.

For example, when my friend first purchased a PS3 several years ago (he paid something like $900AUD) the only way he could argue that his purchase was a good one (better then spending his money on the 360), was the fact it came with blu-ray. Too bad he didn't have a HDTV... I reckon there is a good amount of awesome games on it, but it just didn't sell as many consoles as the 360 which sucks (for sony.) But the 360 was just so much cheaper then the PS3, so thats why it took off IMHO though
Or this: A glossary for newbies
-Stuart, Twitter

Old 09-21-2010, 10:01 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Too early to call it either way.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:21 AM

imo, the move doesn't really compete with the kinect. it's main competitor is the wii.

the PS3 combines stunning graphics(for a console) with much more usability. it's a console plus multimedia center, plus web browser... that's why you pay premium.
the xbox360 is a gaming console with limited multimedia usage.

the wii, is most of all a casual gaming console for everybody, that managed quite easily to broaden the market for from 0-35 to 0-99+.

sony wants to appeal to them, too. because that's where the money is bunkered.

microsoft wants to please the hardcore consolers and the casual one's, a diffcult task.

again imho, the kinect might actually fail, it's too costly... $150 for the system alone is quite steep (move is expensive as well at $100 for the "camera" and only one controller while the controllers cost $50 ) and you can't just take it with you as it needs calibration and stuff and it's not like the move, which has the controllers and the little "camera".
the technology behind it is quite compelling though, but still it has its flaws, mainly the lag, which cancels out more complex games and possibly limits it to party games after all, just like wii and move.

still it's too early to tell.

Black Cowon J3 32 GB (Black Ringke Case) - no lousy Sennheiser CX 300 anymore, Pana HJE 900 took the throne... for keeps

Old 09-21-2010, 03:26 PM

What Jack4L said.

It hasn't been released yet so you can't call it a failure yet. IMO, The Wii can already do most of what the Move can do with the Wii MotionPlus attachment.

Last edited by eboyer93; 09-21-2010 at 05:49 PM.

Old 09-21-2010, 03:52 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Banned the lowlife spambot that started this thread, but feel free to continue the discussion.

http://www.google.at/search?q=%22The...md=fd&filter=0

Old 09-21-2010, 04:32 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eboyer93 View Post
What Jack4L said.

It hasn't been released yet so you can't call it a failure yet. The Wii can already do most of what the Move can do with the Wii MotionPlus attachment.
Heh, abit confused right now since I was writing up a reply to how you originally worded your post, but just to clarify:

Are you implying that you think it has less chance to succeed because Nintendo has motion plus?

*Edit* btw, good catch there dfkt, I had a gut feeling about this topic being abit off- too generic and random. Almost like a console fanboi flame bait- Never even considered it to be a spam bot. Clever girl...

Last edited by Jack4L; 09-21-2010 at 04:37 PM.

Old 09-21-2010, 04:44 PM

Maybe she's just really passionate about the subject?

Old 09-21-2010, 05:05 PM

My buddy got his new PS3 Move combo for $430 with RE5 Gold Edition & all i got to say is wow, RE 5 is freaking fun with the Move controller & better aiming too. i will get the PS3 Move when the next PS3 get a hardware update to 45mm & 802.11n support.

Old 09-21-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack4L View Post
Heh, abit confused right now since I was writing up a reply to how you originally worded your post, but just to clarify:

Are you implying that you think it has less chance to succeed because Nintendo has motion plus?

*Edit* btw, good catch there dfkt, I had a gut feeling about this topic being abit off- too generic and random. Almost like a console fanboi flame bait- Never even considered it to be a spam bot. Clever girl...
No I was agreeing on what you said, to early to call it either way

No not implying that, just saying that it doesn't seem that new except for better graphics and the fact that it has camera tracking and the led orb thingy.

Last edited by eboyer93; 09-21-2010 at 05:58 PM.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Banned the lowlife spambot that started this thread, but feel free to continue the discussion.

http://www.google.at/search?q=%22The...md=fd&filter=0

lol. Thought it was very generic - and opened a lot of discussion areas - Thought it might be Sony trying to see how successfully we thought there product would be . Probs right.
Or this: A glossary for newbies
-Stuart, Twitter