android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2010, 09:04 PM

Received my 2 pair (one for the wife) last Friday and used them over the weekend. I must say that I'm pretty happy with the sound qualilty straight out of the box. If it gets even better after "burn-in" I'll be thrilled. Soundstage effects are quite good, the bass is good but not excessive, and the highs are, to me, fantastic without any EQ. Someone mentioned the mids being distant - not sure I can agree. They sound fine to me, but I admit I sometimes have trouble distinguishing the quality of the mids for some reason. Highs and lows are easier.

If I have any complaints at all, it's the tips and the cord "coupler." I'll try to get some of the tips recommended here as the comfort level of the ones included is not as good as I think it should be. I ended up using the tips that were on the phones when opened (whichever size those are) and the fit is just okay. Not sure I could wear these for more than a few hours without discomfort and/or aggravation. Perhaps they need to be broken in as well. I do think they isolate well, though. I used them on my motorcycle, and doing 70+ mph they were loud and clear despite the wind noise. The coupler (if that's what it's called) is virtually useless. It will not maintain its position once slid up. Not a deal-breaker for me.

Very happy with my purchase ($77x2) assuming I can find replacement tips that are more comfortable. Wife hasn't tried hers yet.