android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2010, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatar View Post
Only thing: I only wonder if stuff like the pipe character "|" might be considered non-standard for some DAPs?
I've tried it with the "|" in the title tag and didn't have a problem, although I've only tried it with MP3s using ID3v2.3 tags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSperber View Post
So in the ID3 tag for any track, no matter from an album by a single artist or off of a compilation or soundtrack that consists of tracks by multiple artists, the "artist" tag field name is ALWAYS the true performing artist/group's name... not "various artists". And the "album" tag field name is ALWAYS the physical album's name.
I tend to browse by artist, but still want to listen to all album tracks sequentially, be it from a "solo" work or on a compilation/soundtrack, so this still isn't ideal for me. Is there any way to request the implementation of the "BAND" tag in a future firmware update from Cowon? If this was listed in the browser as [Album Artist], or gave us the option to use this as a search option instead of [Artist], then it'd make tagging more accurate and browsing within compilation albums easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatar View Post
Stick around and tell us how you love your new, enroute J3
I've had it for a few days now and do nothing but keep fiddling with it. It also sounds pretty awesome, and the customization options by way of UCIs is inspired.
Previous 'Phones: Sony MDR-EX71LP (twice) | Sony MDR-EX85SL

Tags
compilation, j3, tagging, various artists