android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Insignia > Insignia NS-DV

Old 04-14-2008, 09:04 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yeah, now that I can see what the BSOD is, I can say that the filesystem on the player is indeed corrupted, is there a format option in the settings of it?
Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0
Motorola Droid razr m

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-18-2008, 09:13 AM

I had this problem recently and I had to reload Windows Media Player, not that I had any problems with this software, but it solved the problem!

Strange.
Curtis

Old 04-20-2008, 11:42 AM

THANKS!!!

Finally it work...

Insignia rocks!!

Old 08-05-2008, 04:27 PM

Could you tell me what worked? Did you reload Windows Media Player, or erase the player's memory?

Mine used to work fine, until I had to reformat my laptop & reinstall Windows XP. Now, when I plug in the player, after just a few seconds it's BSOD time. The error message says there's a problem with fastfat.sys
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
And a lot of other details which are meaningless to me.

I read about someone having problems after upgrading to windows media player 11, so I uninstalled that, which put it back to WMP 9. Same thing. I upgraded to 10, and it looked good, and it actually got as far as asking how I wanted to sync, and I was very excited until it went BSOD again.

Funny thing is, the insignia can be plugged into another computer without this problem. I don't think WMP 11 is fully installed on that one, as when I start WMP it says something needs to be validated to install WMP 11. So it may only work until WMP is updated. I'm not sure, and I'm hesitant to mess with it, because at least I have somewhere that I can plug this in and charge it, for the moment.

Any help is appreciated! I'm just hesitant to wipe the memory of my nice little player if it's going to be impossible to get music back on it. At least it's useable at the moment.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:34 AM

I used windows media player 11 with Windows XP Service Pack 2.

Very strange problem, but that's what fixed it for me.

Curtis

Old 10-26-2008, 10:48 AM

i know you all think that youre right but youre not. it actually has nothing to do with the player. it is most likely that your pc's motherboard cannot supply enough power for everything including the player so it restarts because it can't give enough power. definately get a new mobo

Old 11-04-2008, 12:56 PM

Default Format options

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolution View Post
i know you all think that youre right but youre not. it actually has nothing to do with the player. it is most likely that your pc's motherboard cannot supply enough power for everything including the player so it restarts because it can't give enough power.
revolution, athough bad caps/flakey PS can and do corrupt MRB (or in this case File Allocation Table 16/32) on the OS boot drive...
The issue is BSOD w/USB connection of said player.
File corruption or format error is most likely the root cause.
Please note: fastfat.sys PAGE_FAULT_NONPAGED_AREA

Back on topic, I have found that if you ever formatted these players under the XP utility, the internal and external FAT32 will default to 4k clusters.

Even 3rd party format utilities need to change the default cluster size (4 to 8 is norm).

File and FAT(16/32) corruption seems to happen more frequently at 4 to 8K as apposed to 32K cluster. The cluster size might be different for under 4GB (FAT16)

Recommend using the Panny card utility as found HERE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolution View Post
definately get a new mobo
I'm ass-U-of-me(ing) your talking about fast shut downs...
If your MB caps are not bulged or leaking, recommend a known good PS test before a blind MB pull...

Old 09-18-2010, 04:58 PM

Just signed in as I've been looking for a solution to the same problem for a long time and nothing worked. After seeing this it got me thinking as my other computer has WMP 11 and the Insignia player works fine on that but, my laptop did not, so I installed it like 2 minutes ago, hooked up the player and it works fine now. Wierd, that is all I can say!