android
Old 09-13-2010, 12:14 PM

The clock is a standard app that comes with Rockbox. Plugins > Apps > Clock - comes in analog, digital, and of course binary too.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-13-2010, 12:19 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Ah--thanks, I didn't realize that (I've still been waiting for the "Stable build" classification from the Rockbox folks--despite the fact that I've had Rockbox on my iRiver jukebox player for around 5 years now).

Old 09-13-2010, 01:03 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikerman View Post
Ah--thanks, I didn't realize that (I've still been waiting for the "Stable build" classification from the Rockbox folks--despite the fact that I've had Rockbox on my iRiver jukebox player for around 5 years now).
The Clip V1 is stable now.
Quote:
Rockbox is considered Stable on Fuze v1, e200v2 and Clipv1

Old 09-13-2010, 06:36 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
Yep, I read that. Think that the Rockbox opening splashpage needs to be updated to reflect that.

Old 09-13-2010, 06:38 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Yep, I read that. Think that the Rockbox opening splashpage needs to be updated to reflect that.
So, are you going to be brave and take the plunge?

Old 09-13-2010, 07:14 PM

probably won't be listed until a new release comes out.

Old 09-13-2010, 09:19 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
So, are you going to be brave and take the plunge?
It's on the to-do list. Truth be told, for my uses, the OF of the Clips has been just fine. Having said that, it's the bling of Rockbox that is initially appealing to me (heresy!), like an ultra-informative what's playing screen and, believe it or not, the clock.

The only thing that concerns me is the possible loss of DRM capability. I have some Audible files around. But don't ask me when the last time was that I listened to one of them.

Old 09-13-2010, 09:23 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
It's on the to-do list. Truth be told, for my uses, the OF of the Clips has been just fine. Having said that, it's the bling of Rockbox that is initially appealing to me (heresy!), like an ultra-informative what's playing screen and, believe it or not, the clock.

The only thing that concerns me is the possible loss of DRM capability. I have some Audible files around. But don't ask me when the last time was that I listened to one of them.
Well, you do have multiple players....all you need is one to theoretically be able to play the Audible stuff.

Old 09-14-2010, 11:01 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Well, you do have multiple players....all you need is one to theoretically be able to play the Audible stuff.
Yep, it's true--and even Audible has instructions on how to burn Audible book files to a CD (and then one can re-rip, I think, free of DRM--but I haven't tried this, yet). Yet more for the to-do list.

Old 09-16-2010, 12:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

http://http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?themeid=1040&target=sansaclip
http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?...=sansaclipplus

Old 09-16-2010, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Unless you use the clock. Then I hear it's prone to catching fire...

[sorry. I'm obviously bored. ]

Old 09-16-2010, 11:38 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I still would like to see a theme which has a primary WPS and then subsidiary WPS screens with further info., as well as a clock screen, all of which can be reached with easy button presses (such as a left click to get to the clock screen from the main WPS, and right clicks to access the more detailed information screens, and with the screen last accessed remaining when one calls up the display again). Clock_lock2 (http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?...rget=sansaclip) is along those lines and getting there for me (and really is great--congratulations on it!), but I think, for me, it needs to be simplified and artistically cleaned up a bit for what I was thinking--note the clean and even elegant lines (congratulations on that as well!) of the botio theme (http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?...rget=sansaclip).

Old 09-17-2010, 01:37 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
I still would like to see a theme which has a primary WPS and then subsidiary WPS screens with further info., as well as a clock screen, all of which can be reached with easy button presses (such as a left click to get to the clock screen from the main WPS, and right clicks to access the more detailed information screens, and with the screen last accessed remaining when one calls up the display again). Clock_lock2 (http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?...rget=sansaclip) is along those lines and getting there for me (and really is great--congratulations on it!), but I think, for me, it needs to be simplified and artistically cleaned up a bit for what I was thinking--note the clean and even elegant lines (congratulations on that as well!) of the botio theme (http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?...rget=sansaclip).
You're starting to sound just as picky as our friend JK98.

Old 09-17-2010, 08:52 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
You're starting to sound just as picky as our friend JK98.
Nope--I just like nice themes: informative and graphically-pleasing.

Old 09-17-2010, 08:54 AM

Quote:
I still would like to see a theme which has [...]
Make it.

Old 09-17-2010, 08:48 PM
Ultra Senior Member

That thought had occurred to me. In fact, I had created a WPS for the iRiver iHP-140 that was used in the Rockbox build earlier and that still runs on my player.

Unfortunately (but also fortunately), the WPS architecture has changed a bit since then with viewports and other and altered features, and so I will need to get up to speed again. And did I read somewhere that the architecture will be changing once again?

Also, I wasn't quite sure: is the possibility of alternate screens, as in the Clock_lock2 theme, part of the current WPS architecture, or has that been accomplished through a change of the source code?

Old 09-18-2010, 05:20 AM

Alternating screen contents are part of the new WPS syntax.

Old 09-18-2010, 07:32 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Cool, thanks. Have skimmed the WPS screen pages but not studied them, waiting for the Clip ports to get to completion.