android
Old 09-05-2010, 12:01 PM

Default Quiet speech with Sennheiser PX100

I've recently bought a set of Sennheiser PX100 headphones for my (original) Clip, to replace the original headphones. But I've noticed that speech (for example in podcasts or interviews or audiobooks) is now quiet and often hard to make out. Are there any recommended EQ settings to boost the clarity of speech?

I've compared the old and new headphones and while I notice music is a little quieter at the same volume with the new headphones, it's still easy to hear. But any spoken word tracks take a significant hit, to the extent that they can't be heard if there's any background noise or they're a little quiet. I've tried the various EQ presets and I've tried messing around with the Custom EQ, but without much success.

I'd rather customise the EQ (and switch back to normal EQ for music if necessary) than bump up the volume globally (at the expense of battery life?) Is it possible to optimise the EQ settings for clairty of speech, or am I out of luck?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-05-2010, 02:50 PM

Rockbox and ReplayGain should fix your problem.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:01 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Using the equilizer decreases battery life and lowers the maximum volume. Spoken word files don't need to be at more than 32 kbps mono, and you might even find that 16 kbps
is good enough. Using a lower bitrate not only saves space on the player, it will also boost battery life. Using mp3 rather than a different format also boosts battery life.

Old 09-16-2010, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dispose View Post
Rockbox and ReplayGain should fix your problem.
Your second link just re-directs to the FB2K web page. Dunno if this was intended for us to go find and be not lazy or a mistake!
Amp: Mini^3 DIY !

Old 09-16-2010, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jprone View Post
Your second link just re-directs to the FB2K web page. Dunno if this was intended for us to go find and be not lazy or a mistake!
The links work fine for me.