android
Old 09-10-2010, 03:55 PM

Default Zune HD a/v out to in dash DVD player?

I was looking to buy a Zune HD, but I wanted it for sending audio/video to my in dash DVd player, P-3100DVD pioneer.

I was wondering, if there was any way other than the dock to get A/V from my zune to my Dvd player?

I was looking around here and on google, i think it was said the audio jack puts out video?

So i would just need a audio jack to yellow/red/white (but the colors are not correct?) and that would work?

I don't really want the competition, nor do I want to spend $80 for a dock only for DVD video.

There has to be some other cheaper way to do this, so i can get my music vids and mp3's in some other format than a ton of discs.

Can anyone suggest something?

Like I said I been looking around here using search and google thats how i came across the a/v cable thing.

Any help would be great, thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-10-2010, 08:37 PM
Zune Moderator

Nope it has to go through the dock connector, and you have to have the dock because it needs the remote.

Old 09-11-2010, 09:02 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Some manufacturers have Zune support built in. Mostly from companies that work with MS and Ford to provide SYNC in those vehicles. I also have a Pioneer in my vehicle, and they've thrown their weight toward Apple and iPod. With a $50 Pioneer cable my head unit does iPod very well. MS/Zune just doesn't have enough clout to make every electronics company support the Zunes.

Old 09-11-2010, 09:32 PM

If you just want audio input to your DVD player, buy a simple cord which has a headphone jack at one end, and the red and white plugs at the other end, like so: http://www.gigaweb.com/files/product...BL/PH62089.jpg

This will output audio only.

For video, yes, you will need a dock.

Old 09-13-2010, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruleworld View Post
Nope it has to go through the dock connector, and you have to have the dock because it needs the remote.
That sucks, thanks for saving me time/money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
Some manufacturers have Zune support built in. Mostly from companies that work with MS and Ford to provide SYNC in those vehicles. I also have a Pioneer in my vehicle, and they've thrown their weight toward Apple and iPod. With a $50 Pioneer cable my head unit does iPod very well. MS/Zune just doesn't have enough clout to make every electronics company support the Zunes.
I have the AVH 3100DVD and I really don't want a Ipod because they seem to be the same price for half the storage space, but I might just give up on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenArms3 View Post
If you just want audio input to your DVD player, buy a simple cord which has a headphone jack at one end, and the red and white plugs at the other end, like so: http://www.gigaweb.com/files/product...BL/PH62089.jpg

This will output audio only.

For video, yes, you will need a dock.
If the base was not $60+ and so large and hard to hide/mount in the truck I would pick one up, but I think now I am going to just give it up.
I was hoping the headphone to R/Y/W would work, but I guess not.

Thanks all.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:29 AM

why not get one of the hard Drive based zunes. you could get 120GB zune for like $150 on craigslist, then output video and audio from the headphone jack. and you have TONS of space. seems more logical to me than spending $200+ on a setup and only having 16GB.

unless of course you are going to be using it outside of the car. then it is a different story.

Old 09-13-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turdbogls View Post
why not get one of the hard Drive based zunes. you could get 120GB zune for like $150 on craigslist, then output video and audio from the headphone jack. and you have TONS of space. seems more logical to me than spending $200+ on a setup and only having 16GB.

unless of course you are going to be using it outside of the car. then it is a different story.
I may look around and see if I can get a good deal on a older one, but its going to spend 99% of its life in the truck hooked to the dvd player.

Old 09-13-2010, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan357 View Post
I may look around and see if I can get a good deal on a older one, but its going to spend 99% of its life in the truck hooked to the dvd player.
well then dont even look into the HD. get a 120GB one (saw one on my local CL today for $140) fill her up and enjoy.