android
Old 09-12-2010, 08:53 AM

Default PL-50 vs Vibe Duo vs Vibe II

Hi everyone, in terms of sound quality which is you think the best? I already own the PL-50's but there are gen 2 vibe duo's and vibe II's on ebay for 40$ which seems to me like a pretty good deal.

I mostly listen to progressive rock but I do listen to many different genres as well.

Any other recommendation in the 50$ zone will be nice as well however I need a shop that will ship to Israel.

EDIT:

I can get the original vibe for 20$ or so on ebay but I heard that it's not so durable, is that right?

Last edited by Alon93; 09-12-2010 at 01:06 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-12-2010, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alon93 View Post
Hi everyone, in terms of sound quality which is you think the best? I already own the PL-50's but there are gen 2 vibe duo's and vibe II's on ebay for 40$ which seems to me like a pretty good deal.

I mostly listen to progressive rock but I do listen to many different genres as well.

Any other recommendation in the 50$ zone will be nice as well however I need a shop that will ship to Israel.

EDIT:

I can get the original vibe for 20$ or so on ebay but I heard that it's not so durable, is that right?
I'm not sure about sound quality, but to respond to your edit there, yes they are not that durable. However, I believe v-moda is now selling them with a 45 degree jack instead (holds up slightly longer, from what I've read), and from the pictures it looks like the original, duo, and II's all use the same jack and wiring.
There are also a couple of threads around here on how to fix or prevent the cords/jack from breaking. You can buy heat shrink tubing (less than $2 @any home improvement store, at least in the US) and put it over the jack/wire connection, then using a hair dryer shrink it down. It adds some stress relief and should make them last longer. You might want to do this at the Y connection too if you do go for the vibes. You could also buy a Neutrik jack and solder it on to the vibe cord if they ever break. It's not too hard, and I think there are some videos posted around here on how to do it.

Old 09-12-2010, 03:26 PM

I want to buy these: V-MODA Vibe II which are the second generation and they seem more durable and strong to me however they cost more but I also think that they have more accessories in the package.

The 45 degree jack is kinda stupid and if I'll end up buying them I will probably replace it for a 90 degree neutrik jack.

Old 09-12-2010, 06:02 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Alon93:

The link you provided is to the 2010 Vibe not the Vibe II. The Vibe II looks much different. Here's a link to one of them.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sealed-V-Moda-Vi...item35abd0b788

Steve

Old 09-13-2010, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeZ5 View Post
Alon93:

The link you provided is to the 2010 Vibe not the Vibe II. The Vibe II looks much different. Here's a link to one of them.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sealed-V-Moda-Vi...item35abd0b788

Steve
Yep your'e right, the one's I was thinking about getting are either the Vibe II or the 2010 Vibe however I'm narrowing it down to the 2010 Vibe as the Vibe II has a microphone which will just irritate me.