android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Microsoft Zune > Zune HD

Old 05-27-2010, 09:53 PM

Default Files corrupting? Item Missing/Can't be played - frustrating problem!

I've got a 16GB Zune HD and am loving it... I've got it essentially full. And unfortunately I've started having a problem with it, and am trying to find a solution...

it started pretty shortly after buying it, I would get the infamous "This item is missing, or can't be played." error on some of my songs, it was frustrating, but deleting the song, and adding it again fixed the individual song... now, it seems to be happening more, and more. and not just to songs, but also video, and and I've had it happen to the labyrinth app...

I had a tv show synced on to the player, and when I went to watch it, the error came up. It was very frustrating, I wasn't home and didn't have access to my computer. later I deleted it, and resynced it, then tested it, to make sure it worked, sure enough it worked perfectly. I synced one other video, bringing the player up to almost full. then left. I sat down expecting to finally get to watch my show, and yet again the error came up. this time it was more frustrating, I had just tested it...

It also caused a lot of problems when I was syncing the music to the computer that I downloaded through the zune pass directly to the zune. The software would try to sync the corrupt file then would come up with an error that the zune wasn't communicating with the computer. I would unplug it, and plug it back in, and it would happen again after syncing a few songs.

I finally ended up having to go through and manually deleting all the songs that showed up with no size on the player, then redownloading them, and syncing them to the player.

This is becoming far more than an annoyance, I still havn't resynced labyrinth, because I have a feeling I'll have to replay all the levels I already beat...

I'm assuming that maybe my zune has a bad memory chip? but I'm not sure what to do at this point... Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ben

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-28-2010, 12:25 PM

I recommend reformatting it. There could be errors in the system that only a restore can fix. Here's the instructions if you don't know how to do it: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/974593/ - try method one first (restores the firmware, leaving the media intact). If that doesn't work try method two which restores the firmware and erases all your media.

Old 08-27-2010, 08:31 PM

Thanks for the advice, I used both steps, and while it worked for awhile, it's started doing it again.

Any advice for the next step to take?

Thanks,
Ben

Old 09-03-2010, 11:53 PM

That use to happen to me alot

TBH i deleted all openzdk and xna games on it and reinstalled the firmware.

Hasn't happened to me since

Old 09-08-2010, 07:32 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, Except I can't say I have anything on it other than what's in the marketplace...

I'm guessing that i'm gonna have to contact Microsoft...

Tags
corrupt, item missing, zune