android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2010, 09:42 AM
Samsung Moderator

Okay, with your explainations I understand better your situation now but the issue remains complex

So when you use a universal USB charger with the USB cable, it displays "low battery - please connect to charger"?

When you plug it to the computer, does is appear as a known or unknown device in the device manager? Do you hear the typical Windows sound when you connect any USB device?

I thought that even if the battery was fully dead, a DAP would be recognized by the computer (A USB key doesn't need a battery to work on a PC for example) but maybe I'm wrong and a new battery would solve the issue.

But unfortunately you can't be sure until you try as the problem could be also the USB/battery charger controller etc :/

Here are some pictures of the components inside: http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SamsungYH920
You can read "Power Manager and Battery Charger: Linear LTC3455" This component might be faulty?

But well I'm studying economics, not electronics and computers so my knowledges and skills are limited regarding hardware

edit:
oh and you can try the various drivers and install softwares here: http://www.samsung.com/download/Mode...e=SW&language=
Maybe that can help the YH-920 to be recognized

Last edited by lebellium; 09-08-2010 at 10:11 AM.

Tags
battery, low, samsung, usb, yh-920