android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Microsoft Zune > Zune HD

Old 09-01-2010, 08:51 AM

Will the Twitter app get updated so it actually works? Kinda hard to sign in since twitter killed Basic Authorization..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-01-2010, 10:11 AM

Tell them to do a video podcast again!!!!

and say hi to Matt and Jessica from all of us and ABI!

Old 09-01-2010, 02:33 PM

Dave, what do you think is the biggest challenge to making a 128GB Zune HD? Price, lack of margin, perceived lack of interest, supply, or are there just no manufacturers making 128GB flash chips?

I've wanted to get a Zune HD since they came out but just couldn't give up my 120 because of capacity. I have to imagine that a lot of other Zune users feel the same way, and surely your team has at least looked at making a 128GB Zune HD.

Like others have asked, what were you doing with charging all those Zunes?

Lastly, for a more specific question, what PR agency handles Entertainment and Devices? I'm about to be a PR graduate, and while I have an internship already set up for right after I graduate, I'd still like to line something up if the agency can't hire me. I'm an avid Zune user and have many ideas for the brand, and I've always thought it would be a heck of an opportunity to work at Microsoft, so any leads would be greatly appreciated!

Old 09-01-2010, 04:38 PM

Hello!

Do you think that the Zune PMP device still has, even after the release of the WP7 with the Zune intergrated, a right to exist? Why? (And not only because it's cheaper..)

Bethsoftfan.

Old 09-01-2010, 06:53 PM

Also, if you can comment on it, are there any price drops on the horizon for the Zune HD?

Old 09-02-2010, 01:10 PM

When can we expect WPA2-Enterprise support? It's almost been a year and the only thing I've read is "we hear your complaints" with no confirmation that you guys are working on anything.

Old 09-02-2010, 08:27 PM

What was the reason Zune's were pulled from Canada? I never understood this.

And, if possible, is there any plans to reintroduce them in any other market?

Old 09-03-2010, 02:36 PM

its not a question, its a suggestion, read it, Dave, please...
most of the complains that we can see through this forum on the ZHD, are apps.
why won't MS start an app creating competition, and offer something like 1000$ (so developers have interest), and the best rated by the ZHD owners will win the money (of course there will be price money for the 2th,3th,4th,5th places), and MS will develop the top 5-10 apps!!!

it's a win-win situation, the developer will earn money, the ZHD owners will get a lot of apps and MS will earn more costumers, that will see how good is the ZHD, even with apps...

Old 09-03-2010, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning_October View Post
What was the reason Zune's were pulled from Canada? I never understood this.

And, if possible, is there any plans to reintroduce them in any other market?
No one who really knows why MS was unsuccessful in negotiating with the Canadian music labels is talking...all we know is MS continually promised and let us down in Canada with Zune and it seems things are about to continue:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=57125

There is really no excuse to be honest...MS seem to be generally incompetent up here in Canada unless Dave wants to set the record straight(which I doubt he can)...

Old 09-04-2010, 12:25 PM

Finished listening to the Podcast.... Didn't know Dave had an accent =)

Old 09-04-2010, 03:41 PM

i just want to know about wap2 support , will it be or wont ..

Old 09-04-2010, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lem7 View Post
He has a funny accent and these people talk so fast... Thanks Dave for answering some of our questions...(nothing exciting in the answers though...)

Old 09-04-2010, 07:08 PM
Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluezune16 View Post
Tell them to do a video podcast again!!!!

and say hi to Matt and Jessica from all of us and ABI!
I wasn't able to get to a lot of the questions, but I got to this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xab View Post
Dave, what do you think is the biggest challenge to making a 128GB Zune HD?
<snip>
Like others have asked, what were you doing with charging all those Zunes?
<snip>
Lastly, for a more specific question, what PR agency handles Entertainment and Devices?
1) Price. Demand, yes - but price leads to demand so I'd say that would be the primary reason.
2) I answered this in the podcast - an in-flight entertainment trial we're doing.
3) Edelman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einav15 View Post
why won't MS start an app creating competition, and offer something like 1000$ (so developers have interest), and the best rated by the ZHD owners will win the money (of course there will be price money for the 2th,3th,4th,5th places), and MS will develop the top 5-10 apps!!!
We did this internally (or are doing this internally I should say) and have had a number of employees step up (the MSN Money app is the first from that project). We also have community members such as you guys working on titles AND have third party mobile app/game developers working on titles.

Given this is not an app-focussed product, we're pulling together quite an effort to ensure this area is not overlooked. To open up even further would set us backwards, not forwards. If you're a developer with great content, you already know how to get hold of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lip View Post
There is really no excuse to be honest...MS seem to be generally incompetent up here in Canada unless Dave wants to set the record straight(which I doubt he can)...
Nothing I can really say here Lip. You know better than most that I care about the Canadian market and wish things were better up there - but for a bunch of reasons, we've not delivered as well as I'd personally like. When I can say more, I will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lem7 View Post
Yup, born and raised in Adelaide, Australia.

Cheers, Dave.

Old 09-07-2010, 07:06 PM

Dave the zune hd is awsome. I really dont care for apps but i heard a rumor that a new Zune HD model is coming out. I would like to know if that is true. The Zune HD would be even awsomer if the New Zune Model had a camera and more features. But anyways I love the effort you put into Zunes

Old 09-07-2010, 10:31 PM
Ultra Senior Member

If MS is working on a new Zune, I sure hope they've paid attention to what Apple has done with the Touch. Keep your original UI or the Phone 7's UI, but PLEASE leap ahead instead of bring out another device that's a year behind. I've got 30 or so players I can choose from at any time, and my poor HD only gets picked up to check out the new app that shows up occasionally. Every device with Android that will be showing up will at least have an email app, youtube, and far more uses for the wifi on board. Or stick to the "We aren't competing with Apple" strategy if you aren't interested in making a profit. JMHO.