android
Old 09-06-2010, 08:29 PM

Default Artist list on HD is not alphabetized

I listen mostly to classical music and have ripped about 400 cd's for an HD 64G. On the desktop software in artist view, the cd's are shown in alphabetical order (if I select that criterion). When downloaded to the HD, in artist view (i.e. looking at albums within a particular artist) the CD's are shown in some kind of random order. I have renamed the title of many of them, so I'm thinking that on the HD (but not the desktop) the CD's are shown in the order of the their original "underlying" names. Does this make sense? Or what is the problem here? This is a significant problem because for a particular composer something like "String Quartets" can be scattered throughout the list of works by that composer. The list will go from "Piano Sonata" to String Quartet" and then back to "Piano Sonata."

Thanks for any help you can give,
Wally

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-06-2010, 09:49 PM

If I remember right, the albums inside artist view are listed by the year they were released. It is possible to edit this by right-clicking an album and selecting "Edit."

Old 09-06-2010, 10:37 PM

Thank you King-- that's it. They are listed by date and then everything with "Unknown date" is last. So I'm going to have to set all the dates the same to get this to be alphabetical. They really need to give an option on this!

Thanks,
Wally