android
Old 09-05-2010, 01:56 AM

Default Micro SD on 32 GB Model. Problems.

I have a 32gb Xfi2 that I like. I have a few complaints about some controls and sensitivity but they are small annoyances.

I just recently filled up my main memory and got a new MicroSD card. I bought a no name 32gb from ebay and it won't see it. OK, it is only supposed to support 16. So I put in my 16 San Disk and it sees it just fine.

I clicked on the button to build the database and it works fine. I didn't make a playlist but to play by album or artist are working fine.

Then, when I turn it off and then later turn it back on, it starts out fresh and I have to go back and refresh the database again.

Am I doing something wrong or is it the player?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-05-2010, 04:56 AM

uhm, there are no "no name" 32 gb msd cards. sandisk is the only company manufacturing those cards, atm. your card is most definitely a fake.

my advice to you: don't buy no name sd cards, don't buy cards over ebay, only buy cards from legit retailers/online shops.

Black Cowon J3 32 GB (Black Ringke Case) - no lousy Sennheiser CX 300 anymore, Pana HJE 900 took the throne... for keeps

Old 09-05-2010, 09:46 AM

Yes, for the MicroSD the player always has to rebuild the library after a reboot. It is made on purpose for some reason or another.
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Old 09-06-2010, 01:21 AM

As deadohiosky stated, STAY AWAY from Ebay's fake look alike's. I bought (before i was educated on fakes) an 8GB card for my PSP. Nothing but troubles with it. Bought a legit one (8GB) and it ran like a champ.

This is probably the case here, ESPECIALLY since Sandisk is the only one making 32GB microSD cards at the moment.

Tags
external, memory, microsd, refresh database