android
Old 01-03-2008, 03:43 PM

Default Video Converstion - Sansa Connect

There are two very good programs for converting videos for the Sansa Connect. HandBrake for DVDs, and Any-Video-Converter(Free) for everything else. The Sansa does not need to be connected to your PC during conversion, and you can DnD the videos right onto the player.
any-video-converter.jpg
Settings:
-Profile: Mobile Phone MPEG-4
...The tabs in the box serve as drop down menus:
-Video Size: 320x240
-Video Bitrate: Users discretion, but I manually input 720.
-Video Framerate: 30fps works fine, but I chose 24fps.
-Audio Bitrate: aac/128
-Sample Rate: A smaller sample rate did not reduce the file size so I went with 44100.
Clicking on the Output Folder after Encoding will take you directly to the video file. Or
Start>My Documents>Any Video Converter>Mobile_MP4.

Drag-n-Drop the video onto the Connect.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-10-2008, 04:49 PM

Hmm, this program breaks the gpl?

Old 01-10-2008, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a12ctic View Post
Hmm, this program breaks the gpl?
The link I provided is for the free software only, and since I donít know about all the licensing/legal stuff, Iíll leave it up to Enzo. If he removes it, thatís cool.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:55 PM

there are two pay versions though and it doesnt matter if its free. I'm not sure if it does violate it or not, it might just be a gui front end, either way, its using mencoder.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:45 PM

CloneDVD Mobile also uses MEncoder and they don’t offer any free software, so I’m not sure what constitutes a violation of the gpl.

CloneDVD mobile is powered by MEncoder, the well-engineered open source project. More information about MEncoder can be found at www.mplayerhq.hu.

I also checked the MEncoder website, and AVC is not included under Blacklisted Projects.

Old 02-01-2008, 03:04 PM

Default Does <name a program> break the GPL

Just to help spread a bit of information. The GPL does not require products using GPL components to be free -- the authors of the GPL like to distinguish free software as "free as in beer" (you don't pay, and not what the GPL covers), and "free as in speech". The latter means (in the case of the GPL) that if you use GPL code, and distribute it, you must provide source code of all parts derived from the GPL code to who every you provide the product to. In this type of case, if they are just a nice front end, they can probably satisfy the license by pointing you to the source code provided by the original owner. However, if they made any improvements, they are required to share those. Doug
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
CloneDVD Mobile also uses MEncoder and they don’t offer any free software, so I’m not sure what constitutes a violation of the gpl.

CloneDVD mobile is powered by MEncoder, the well-engineered open source project. More information about MEncoder can be found at www.mplayerhq.hu.

I also checked the MEncoder website, and AVC is not included under Blacklisted Projects.

Old 09-04-2010, 02:22 AM

The Videos convert OK, and transfer to the Connect (DnD). But there is no sound when played back on the Connect, but the sound is there when played back (from the Connect) on the computer. I used the settings listed by Jethro, and some other as an experiment.
No sound!
Suggestions?

Thanks
Warren