android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2010, 03:35 AM

Unhappy Help me get my sansa e260 back to running! Is it Bricked?

I installed Rockbox about 8 months ago and have been using it with no problems, until now. It’s a Sansa e260 version 01.00.12A ***Please Help.***

I am using the iPhone’s wall charger with the USB connector on top which works great, I have been using it for the last 6 months or so with no issues, it even lets me listen to music while charging. Which it didn’t before Rockbox.
Well, to the issue, Yesterday I needed to charge my e260 and couldn’t find the iPhone adapter so I decided to connect it to my Xbox360’s USB port since the voltage output is the same as the iphone’s adapter (5v - 1A) when I connected it only the “Rockbox logo, Version 6.0” showed up, which was kind of odd since it usually shows the USB connector plug in the screen too, showing it’s connected.
After this happened, I can’t get it to work I tried connecting to the computer, but it doesn’t “sense” it, so I can’t look at the USB drives.
The same screen comes on every time I try to reboot it.

When I turn it on this is what happens: San Disk logo, than the Rockbox logo comes up and version 6.0 on the bottom of screen. When I try to boot it into Sansa’s firmware using the left button while pressing the power at the same time and it displays the San Disk logo, then to a black screen saying:
Rockbox boot loader
Version 6.0
Sandisk Sansa e200 series

It stays there until I press the power button 10 long secs. until it finally shuts off.

Please help!
I already took it apart to see if anything was loose, I also made sure to press down on the foam for the chip above the battery, and nothing.
Is this now considered Bricked? I already tried going into recovery mode which it does, but I'm afraid to mess with this since I'm not experienced enough. Plus I don't know if this was the right thing to do next.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tags
bricked, rockbox