Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen Mozaic

Old 01-12-2009, 05:17 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseFOR View Post
well as i said before i still can't find a way to turn on the speakers
From here:

Quote:
Connecting or disconnecting your earphones automatically switches the audio output between the built-in speaker and the earphones.
  1. Press .
  2. Select Turn On Speaker or Turn off Speaker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by riseFOR View Post
and for the video can the size be bigger cuz it is like widescreen when i play it. is there a way to put it so it takes up the whole screen.
You can do so by adjusting the resolution for conversion or having the conversion software crop the bars. In this case, since the Mozaic is restrictive in how videos are converted/played (and if I remember correctly), you may be able to have the Creative converter program crop the video so that it shows full screen.

Zen FAQ

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-29-2009, 05:45 PM

Default General questions regarding customization of Zen Mozaic

I just bought a 4gb Zen Mozaic LX this morning, because I needed something to replace my iPod. Granted, it seems alot of people have issues against iPod; and I don't have much against it myself, only against Apple and their iTunes software.

Bear with me while I explain the things from my iPod, because i'm going to be asking about certain features of it to see if theres actually a way to do some of that for my Zen Mozaic.
I'll go ahead and say that I got my iPod for Christmas in 2007, right around Christmas this last year, the headphone jack got messed up (wear and tear of working while listening to it in my pocket, i suppose). I called up the service store near me and was told that service for that would cost about as much as it would to buy a new one and i could receive a 10% discount off of a new one if i turned the old one in (yay 10% off of a 140-180 dollar item that I cant afford), no thanks.

Anyways, I was in the market for a relatively inexpensive, but capable and friendly mp3 player that worked rather closely to an iPod. Just standard comfort features I was used to using, but I went and bought the Zen Mozaic blind to features and all. So here goes...

(1) Is it possible to randomize by playlist, and not by all songs on the device? I have 2 main playlists, songs on one playlist *REALLY* do not go well with the songs on the other playlist. I'd like to pick one playlist and listen to the songs on it with shuffle enabled instead of having to listen to a pre-set order.

(2) Some of my songs start 2 or 3 seconds into the song, cutting off important parts of the introduction. Others do not. Is there any way to correct this?

(3) I have upgraded my Firmware to the most recent as well as my Creative Centrale program this morning. However, looking through some of the help files that i've looked through, I cant do some of the things it tells me to do. For Example: Switching between Speaker On/Speaker Off modes. It says to Press the Top Right button and then select speaker on or speaker off. However, It never gives me this option, regardless of if i have headphones in or not.

(4) Really cosmetic, but its bugging me. How do you change the time on this thing? It just lets me view the time digitally or on an analog clock, but not actually allowing me to set the date and time. As such, it is stuck to June 13th 2008 at 3:45am. Right now it is clearly Jan 29th, 2009 at 4:41pm my time. It has been connected to the computer and files transferred onto it (obviously) already if that was supposed to do it.

(5) Sort of like the Shuffle Playlist thing, How do I make it repeat after it is finished with a playlist?

If some of this is impossible to do, can anyone suggest to me an mp3 player that is relatively inexpensive (no more than 60 bucks) that is easy to use/understand and 3 to 4gb in size that does have those features listed above?

Thanks.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:40 AM
Ultra Senior Member

1. Just start one playlist and set the Zen to Randon All for playback.

2. The Zen X-Fi suffers from this same problem. Make sure you are running the latest firmware. If you still have the issue with the latest firmware installed, most likely will have to wait for Creative to correct in a new firmware release.

3. Make sure you are in the Main Menu when pressing the Option button.

4. See below:
  1. On the main menu, select Extras > Date & Time.
  2. Press and select Set Date or Set Time.
  3. Use the Directional Pad to select a date or time field.
  4. Press or to change the value of the field, and press OK.
5. You have to change the Play Mode to a Repeat setting like Shuffle Repeat, Repeat All, etc.: System -> Audio Settings -> Play Mode

Zen FAQ

Old 02-04-2009, 07:39 PM

Help No option to turn on speakers from drop down menu

Alright, after looking around on the web, it seems that the way to turn on the ZEN Mozaic's built in speaker is to press the drop down menu button and turn the speaker on there.

The problem is that I don't have that option to do so. My firmware is the latest 1.06 if that makes any difference, I had never gotten the option to use the speakers before, didn't know it existed.

The speakers are clearly there though, there are holes in the back.

My drop down menu looks like this when on a song.

Seek To
Set Bookmark
----------------------------------
View details
Lookup Artist
Remove...
Save As Playlist
Play Mode
Purchase this
-----------------------------------
Volume

There should be the option to turn on the speakers here somewhere but it's not there?

Anybody know what's the cause or knows how to fix this?

Am I looking at the wrong spot?

Help?

Old 02-04-2009, 07:59 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Welcome. Check out the answer to number 3 in the post above.

Merged with existing thread.

Zen FAQ

Old 02-04-2009, 08:09 PM

Alright, I've tried plugging in my headphones and pulling them out and there are no differences in what the drop down menu contains.

This time I'm accessing the drop down menu through the main menu of the Mozaic.

Configure Menu
Change Order
Default Menu
------------------
Volume

Still no option to Turn On Speaker.

Thanks for the response though.

Old 02-05-2009, 08:13 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Check to make sure you don't have an LX model Mozaic. If so, they do not contain a Speaker or Radio.

Zen FAQ

Old 02-25-2009, 12:41 PM

Hello!
I just wanted to leave my impression of the Mozaic i got, a month or so ago, as a way of thanking you for the kind answers!
Oh, I'm not sure if I ever mentioned, this is my first "dedicated" MP3 player! My cell phone plays them, as well as my GPS, but I wanted something... dedicated!
I like this this player! I've been still making some experiments with the best way to manage the music collection and how to transfer it, as well as with the equalizer settings!
Anyway, I like the User Interface, built quality... I don't like very much the plastic material or the screen quality... anyway, I don't use it for watching videos!
As for the sound quality, the main issue, I think the sound quality is fairly good, but I only found out when I connected my Mozaic to my 5.1 desktop PC speaker system! I was really frustrated with the sound quality of the phones that came in the pack! Don't even want to imagine the sound quality of the phones that come as standard! Sorry to disagree with you, BobbyRS but I really didn't like these Creative EP-630/50 phones! So I ran and bought the Sennheiser PX 10 phones for... 24€ if I remember correctly (with built-in volume control!!!). Have to say I had, for years, the Sony MDR-W24V phones to use with my MiniDisc Walkman and I loved them (until they broke, apparently). I'm not into noise cancellation, as I like to be aware of what happens around me and find more comfortable to have something hanging the phones on my head, as well as having the sound not sent directly inside my hear! Is one of those things, some like one way, some like other way... and I imagine it should be less harmful to the inner hear! I only imagine, really couldn't confirm that :P
Anyway, I like a lot more these Sennheiser, that I've been using! It lacks some bass, I think it's obvious, by looking at the size of the phone channel, and the price range, of course! Sometimes, at home, I use some other, bigger ear-phones! That's the whole experience with the sound-quality of the Mozaic!
Overall, I must say it looks like a very good buy, for the price range and for first timers! I would still like to, and I will try, to hear some music in some high-end MP3 players, to compare, of course!
So, thank you for your help!
Cheers!

Old 02-25-2009, 02:46 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendimen View Post
Sorry to disagree with you, BobbyRS but I really didn't like these Creative EP-630/50 phones!
No problem at all. Everyone's different.

Zen FAQ

Old 03-06-2009, 11:08 AM

is there any other theme other than the original six themes that came with the device?

Old 03-06-2009, 09:19 PM
Ultra Senior Member

As far as I know, not for the Mozaic yet. What exactly are you wanting to change?

Zen FAQ

Old 04-06-2009, 12:11 PM

the wallpaper mostly

Old 11-10-2009, 03:01 AM

Does the Zen Mozaic work with Zenses to allow Last.fm scrobbling?

Old 01-26-2010, 01:56 PM

can i change the battery?(it's an important question that i should have asked before buying)

Old 08-26-2010, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyzeman View Post
the wallpaper mostly
You can upload your own images and set it as the wallpaper
so basically unlimited choices there

I believe you just go to pictures and there is an option to set as wallpaper

Tags
boot, on-off, playlist, qeustion, skin, sleep, speaker, speakers no option