android
Old 08-21-2010, 12:38 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrauber View Post
lestatar, how is it that I remember when you joined and you already have 2000 posts? (exactly, nonetheless)
Well, it's supposed to be a secret, but what the hell, we are among friends, right?

A little undisclosed benefit of installing Rockbox on supported devices results in an Automatic Global Web Forum Post Multiplier [more commonly known as AGWFPM]. Anyone who installs Rockbox has their posts on all the forums they participate in multiplied by a factor of 3.14159.

Mystery solved

Actually, no one is more surprised than I ultrauber [and I do remember you as well!] - while I have been online literally forever ['cause I'm kind of an old guy], ABi is the very first time I have been an active forum/online participator anywhere. Also, TBH, I have had quite a bit of time on my hands recently and obviously have been pretty active on ABi, a site I have really come to love. I guess an average of 8 posts a day will do it . Not only do I enjoy this site tremendously, I truly learn something new everyday and when I can, try to offer help and useful advice to others - we are all here for the same reasons after all! Oh yeah, and basically sticking my 2 cents on on any topic that piques my interest doesn't hurt either.

[All that, plus I secretly wanna catch up to Walkgood, TDS, Marvin and dfkt...] lol

For instance, it wasn't so long ago that I didn't even know what Rockbox was. Now, I simply cannot imagine my portable music life without it. My once trusty Sony E345, a device I still think is terrific, has basically been gathering dust since Rockboxing my v2 Fuze. All the shortcomings I found with the E [on-device delete, on-device playlists, append to now playing queue] are completely addressed in Rockbox/Fuze. All this on top of the terrific array of GUI customizations and of course, the excellent sound enhancements.

Of course I won't give up the Sony E345 - I am one of those selfish keep-everything kinda guys. But I do envision myself using it a bit less - I actually need to figure out how best to utilize those 16GBs now. Don't worry though - I am sure I will think of something.

@TDS and WG: In addition to the above...

I am waaaaay too old and independent-minded to be a blind fanboi - Rockbox, as great as it is, ain't perfect...nothing is [embedded AlbumArt support would be awesome for instance]. But damm if it doesn't come pretty close, at least for my purposes.

So instead of fanboi, I prefer the phrase "staunch advocate" - it sounds so much more adult, no?

And yeah, 2000 posts in less than 8 months ain't too shabby is it?

cheers!
-lestatar
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Last edited by lestatar; 08-21-2010 at 12:49 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-22-2010, 11:52 AM

just won a F20 on ebay hurray!! now to rockbox it...just wondering can i get movies to play on it..lestatar
Players:Iriver H340 rockboxed, sansa clip+ rockboxed,samsung R0, sony x1050 16gb, sony nwz hd5,samsung yh j70 (killer SQ)....Iems: Audio technica ckm500, Jvc HA S400,Beyerdynamic DTX501P ,Brainwavz HM5,V moda V80,Sony MDR1,Audio techinica CKM500

Old 08-22-2010, 06:45 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hey congrats man!!!! Awesome for you

Wish I could help with movies on Gigabeat but I have zero on there and no experience with what formats RB will support. [For some reason, I think only mpgs are supported but I could be wrong - I think I read that somewhere]...

I would post when you are ready...

Which reminds me - is there a Toshiba Gigabeat Rockbox child forum here like for the Sandisk players?

mods? It might be kinda cool to keep the forums consistent in this regard
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 08-23-2010, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goody1 View Post
just won a F20 on ebay hurray!! now to rockbox it...just wondering can i get movies to play on it..lestatar

That's great, goody1! (Yes, I am here as well). I'm a bit curious about your impression of it, perhaps compared to the Vision:M.

While I do not think I will get a Gigabeat, a total of 7 DAP:s will have to be enough, it was close that I got one before the Kenwood and JVC caught my eyes...
DAP collection:Cowon S9; Cowon X5V; Creative Zen Vision M; Creative Zen Touch; iRiver H120; JVC XA-HD500; Kenwood HD20GA7; Rio Carbon; Rio Karma; Samsung YH-J70; Sansa Clip+; Sansa View; Sony HD5; Toshiba Gigabeat F20
Earphones:too many to mention...

Old 08-23-2010, 01:06 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danneq View Post
a total of 7 DAP:s will have to be enough
I just this past week had to make the decision that 4 players would be enough....as much as the other one I was considering was tempting, there are too many other things I need to do with my limited funds.

Old 08-23-2010, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
...there are too many other things I need to do with my limited funds.

Ah! You mean stuff like headphones?

EDIT: for me, as soon as I decided that enough is enough when it comes to DAP:s (well, I might get my old Creative Nomad Jukebox 3 back from my brother-in-law, which makes it 8 DAP:s), the list of interesting headphones has started to grow. Yuin G2A, Sennheiser MX580 & MX760, Fischer Audio Oldskool '70s, V-Jays...
DAP collection:Cowon S9; Cowon X5V; Creative Zen Vision M; Creative Zen Touch; iRiver H120; JVC XA-HD500; Kenwood HD20GA7; Rio Carbon; Rio Karma; Samsung YH-J70; Sansa Clip+; Sansa View; Sony HD5; Toshiba Gigabeat F20
Earphones:too many to mention...

Old 08-23-2010, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danneq View Post
That's great, goody1! (Yes, I am here as well). I'm a bit curious about your impression of it, perhaps compared to the Vision:M.

While I do not think I will get a Gigabeat, a total of 7 DAP:s will have to be enough, it was close that I got one before the Kenwood and JVC caught my eyes...
Hey nice to see you here danneq!!this is another great site I am going to put rockbox on it straight away, but i will test the SQ with the original firmware and compare it to the creative vision m.
Players:Iriver H340 rockboxed, sansa clip+ rockboxed,samsung R0, sony x1050 16gb, sony nwz hd5,samsung yh j70 (killer SQ)....Iems: Audio technica ckm500, Jvc HA S400,Beyerdynamic DTX501P ,Brainwavz HM5,V moda V80,Sony MDR1,Audio techinica CKM500