android
  #21  
Old 08-20-2010, 02:02 AM
JoshRead's Avatar
JoshRead JoshRead is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Parkersburg, WV
Posts: 266
Default

Some of the categories don't play music for me so I can't even answer the question
Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #22  
Old 08-20-2010, 04:02 AM
DiNoGames DiNoGames is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by epithetless View Post
I don't understand -- Why is this one so exciting to people?
It's because most ZuneHD owners bought the PMP because its a great PMP... they just love music and this game is all about their music.
Reply With Quote

  #23  
Old 08-20-2010, 05:22 AM
epithetless's Avatar
epithetless epithetless is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Boston, Mass
Posts: 1,615
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiNoGames View Post
It's because most ZuneHD owners bought the PMP because its a great PMP... they just love music and this game is all about their music.
Oh, I understand loving music as much as anyone (in fact, I decided against the Zune HD because I find it too limited audio-feature-wise) -- I just tend to prefer listening to it rather than being quizzed on it. Guess this app is something I'd need to see more of to appreciate...or it's simply not my cup of tea.
__________________
Rockbox Themes:
Sansa Fuze: XL Fuzed // Sansa Clip/Clip+: Cliplined
Reply With Quote

  #24  
Old 08-20-2010, 05:44 AM
pawdog pawdog is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 40
Default

Very nice. Nice idea, nice execution. What would a game like this cost on some of the cell phone platforms? I'll bet not free. Thanks Zune team.
Reply With Quote

  #25  
Old 08-20-2010, 08:07 AM
FallenArms3 FallenArms3 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 259
Default

I thought I might cheat by bringing up the Media Control screen to see the song title-- but they switch it when you do that so you can't tell! Clever.
__________________
- Grant F
Reply With Quote

  #26  
Old 08-20-2010, 10:01 AM
Einav15 Einav15 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 64
Default

awesome game! thanks MS!! now the only thing left to do is to wait for the new FW release
Reply With Quote

  #27  
Old 08-20-2010, 10:17 AM
McDougal's Avatar
McDougal McDougal is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,375
Default

I just had some good time to play with this new app..and I have to say, great job! It's really a fun app, and HIGH QUALITY! That's what I like to see...once again, great job Zune team, keep it up!
__________________
iPod Touch 4G 32GB; Google Nexus 7 32GB
JVC HAS600B;Pioneer SE-M390;Audio-Technica ATH-P5

Retired Devices:
Sansa Fuze 8+16GB Rockboxed
Reply With Quote

  #28  
Old 08-20-2010, 11:24 AM
JoshRead's Avatar
JoshRead JoshRead is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Parkersburg, WV
Posts: 266
Default

So nobody else is having this problem? The game seems so fun but any time there's a question in the category of "Which song/album/artist doesn't belong?" and most times in the category where the album art is slowly being revealed, no songs play. I see them when I press the media button (that there's a song supposed to be playing), but nothing happens.
Reply With Quote

  #29  
Old 08-20-2010, 11:36 AM
McDougal's Avatar
McDougal McDougal is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,375
Default

I have had that problem, too. I also have had the problem where it asks "What song doesn't belong?", and nothing is playing. I can press the media button and see what song is supposed to be playing, but it doesn't start automatically, I have to manually start the song. I think MS should fix this as soon as possible, because it's a great game, just for this one small problem. What I do though, is I just start the song manually by pressing play in the media button. But the song's supposed to start by itself.
__________________
iPod Touch 4G 32GB; Google Nexus 7 32GB
JVC HAS600B;Pioneer SE-M390;Audio-Technica ATH-P5

Retired Devices:
Sansa Fuze 8+16GB Rockboxed
Reply With Quote

  #30  
Old 08-20-2010, 12:24 PM
NSILMike NSILMike is offline
Sub-Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshRead View Post
So nobody else is having this problem? The game seems so fun but any time there's a question in the category of "Which song/album/artist doesn't belong?" and most times in the category where the album art is slowly being revealed, no songs play. I see them when I press the media button (that there's a song supposed to be playing), but nothing happens.
I'm not sure this isn't intentional...
Reply With Quote

  #31  
Old 08-20-2010, 07:45 PM
FallenArms3 FallenArms3 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 259
Default

Oh, yeah. You're supposed to guess by the album art, not the song. Not every question plays music.
__________________
- Grant F
Reply With Quote

  #32  
Old 08-21-2010, 12:41 AM
Matthew317 Matthew317 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 39
Default

I like it a lot. I would prefer more audio though.
Reply With Quote

  #33  
Old 08-21-2010, 12:52 AM
JoshRead's Avatar
JoshRead JoshRead is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Parkersburg, WV
Posts: 266
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSILMike View Post
I'm not sure this isn't intentional...
Okay, sometimes it will say, "What song doesn't belong?" and it will just have a list of songs. No audio, nothing. How could that be intentional? And it does that every time that question is on there. I understand the album one because that has a picture.

Edit: Okay, I finally understand it after playing again. It's a list of songs from one artist and one isn't from the same artist. I interpreted the question as if it was going to play sample clips from three songs and you say which one wasn't played. I still think that there's not enough audio thought like the guy above me said.

Last edited by JoshRead; 08-21-2010 at 12:58 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #34  
Old 08-21-2010, 01:31 AM
GBob314 GBob314 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6
Default

Definitely not enough audio. Also, I hate it when it asks me what album is a song from and it gives me 3 different Greatest Hits choices. The guess which album as it slowly fills up kind of sucks, I lose out on it because I just can't tell what album it is before the time is up. I was disappointed after my first play-through, I thought there would be more, but I can't really complain too much, it is an app and it is free.
Reply With Quote

  #35  
Old 08-21-2010, 11:20 AM
poisonousjuice's Avatar
poisonousjuice poisonousjuice is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 128
Default

yea my 32 gig is filled to the brim and I rarely get a question wrong. only miss questions when some new music that I just added gets thrown in there.
Reply With Quote

  #36  
Old 08-21-2010, 06:51 PM
Strider_Aus's Avatar
Strider_Aus Strider_Aus is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 498
Default

Fantastic addition to the Zune HD. Brilliant idea - great execution..... thanks MS !
Reply With Quote

  #37  
Old 08-22-2010, 02:37 PM
Zuniq Zuniq is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiNoGames View Post
It's because most ZuneHD owners bought the PMP because its a great PMP... they just love music and this game is all about their music.
Yes, games/apps who take advantage of the music library inside a media player are always a great addition...
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 PM.