android
Old 08-20-2010, 02:02 AM

Some of the categories don't play music for me so I can't even answer the question

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-20-2010, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epithetless View Post
I don't understand -- Why is this one so exciting to people?
It's because most ZuneHD owners bought the PMP because its a great PMP... they just love music and this game is all about their music.

Old 08-20-2010, 05:22 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiNoGames View Post
It's because most ZuneHD owners bought the PMP because its a great PMP... they just love music and this game is all about their music.
Oh, I understand loving music as much as anyone (in fact, I decided against the Zune HD because I find it too limited audio-feature-wise) -- I just tend to prefer listening to it rather than being quizzed on it. Guess this app is something I'd need to see more of to appreciate...or it's simply not my cup of tea.

Old 08-20-2010, 05:44 AM

Very nice. Nice idea, nice execution. What would a game like this cost on some of the cell phone platforms? I'll bet not free. Thanks Zune team.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:07 AM

I thought I might cheat by bringing up the Media Control screen to see the song title-- but they switch it when you do that so you can't tell! Clever.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:01 AM

awesome game! thanks MS!! now the only thing left to do is to wait for the new FW release

Old 08-20-2010, 10:17 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I just had some good time to play with this new app..and I have to say, great job! It's really a fun app, and HIGH QUALITY! That's what I like to see...once again, great job Zune team, keep it up!

Retired Devices:
Sansa Fuze 8+16GB Rockboxed

Old 08-20-2010, 11:24 AM

So nobody else is having this problem? The game seems so fun but any time there's a question in the category of "Which song/album/artist doesn't belong?" and most times in the category where the album art is slowly being revealed, no songs play. I see them when I press the media button (that there's a song supposed to be playing), but nothing happens.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:36 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I have had that problem, too. I also have had the problem where it asks "What song doesn't belong?", and nothing is playing. I can press the media button and see what song is supposed to be playing, but it doesn't start automatically, I have to manually start the song. I think MS should fix this as soon as possible, because it's a great game, just for this one small problem. What I do though, is I just start the song manually by pressing play in the media button. But the song's supposed to start by itself.

Retired Devices:
Sansa Fuze 8+16GB Rockboxed

Old 08-20-2010, 12:24 PM
Sub-Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshRead View Post
So nobody else is having this problem? The game seems so fun but any time there's a question in the category of "Which song/album/artist doesn't belong?" and most times in the category where the album art is slowly being revealed, no songs play. I see them when I press the media button (that there's a song supposed to be playing), but nothing happens.
I'm not sure this isn't intentional...

Old 08-20-2010, 07:45 PM

Oh, yeah. You're supposed to guess by the album art, not the song. Not every question plays music.

Old 08-21-2010, 12:41 AM

I like it a lot. I would prefer more audio though.

Old 08-21-2010, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSILMike View Post
I'm not sure this isn't intentional...
Okay, sometimes it will say, "What song doesn't belong?" and it will just have a list of songs. No audio, nothing. How could that be intentional? And it does that every time that question is on there. I understand the album one because that has a picture.

Edit: Okay, I finally understand it after playing again. It's a list of songs from one artist and one isn't from the same artist. I interpreted the question as if it was going to play sample clips from three songs and you say which one wasn't played. I still think that there's not enough audio thought like the guy above me said.

Last edited by JoshRead; 08-21-2010 at 12:58 AM.

Old 08-21-2010, 01:31 AM

Definitely not enough audio. Also, I hate it when it asks me what album is a song from and it gives me 3 different Greatest Hits choices. The guess which album as it slowly fills up kind of sucks, I lose out on it because I just can't tell what album it is before the time is up. I was disappointed after my first play-through, I thought there would be more, but I can't really complain too much, it is an app and it is free.

Old 08-21-2010, 11:20 AM

yea my 32 gig is filled to the brim and I rarely get a question wrong. only miss questions when some new music that I just added gets thrown in there.

Old 08-21-2010, 06:51 PM

Fantastic addition to the Zune HD. Brilliant idea - great execution..... thanks MS !

Old 08-22-2010, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiNoGames View Post
Yes, games/apps who take advantage of the music library inside a media player are always a great addition...