android
Old 08-17-2010, 02:32 PM

Default Folder specific shuffle and playlist conversion?

Hi all!

I just got my J3 and I love it!
Just one thing I would wish for:

Shuffle off/on for specific folders. Maybe a global shuffle function and being able to set exclusions.
For example shuffle off for soundtracks, on for everything else.

Is that possible with the J3?

Also concerning playlists:
I got m3u playlist to work by opening them (winamp made) with Playlist Creator and saving them again. Works like a charm. However, is there a way to do that automated for alot of playlists?
Also, can I play the playlist directly without opening it first? I noticed, in the J3 user interface I cannot "mark" items, just activate them. That makes it impossible to delete files from within the player, for example. Is that normal?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-17-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxleitnerb View Post
Also, can I play the playlist directly without opening it first?
Not quite certain what you're asking for here, but I'll assume it's that when you tap on a playlist name under [Playlists] you want it to begin playing (probably from the 1st track in the playlist?) immediately, rather than itself first exanding into the list of tracks in the playlist and then you must tap on one of them in order to actually initiate the Player to start playing that last tapped track.

I don't think so. That just seems to be the way it works.

Old 08-17-2010, 11:45 PM

Yes, I meant exactly that. Well, it's not that big a deal.

Because this is my first Cowon Player: Does Cowon add new features/functions with new firmware? Do they react to suggestions from customers and the community?

Old 08-18-2010, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Because this is my first Cowon Player: Does Cowon add new features/functions with new firmware? Do they react to suggestions from customers and the community?
Absolutely. In fact just yesterday they released version 2.22 of the firmware, which fixed a very recent problem born with their 2.21 firmware and which the J3 user community noticed right away.

They not only respond to user's bug reports and suggestions, but they speak English perfectly and respond to your communications to them via their web site:

http://www.cowonglobal.com

Go there, register, and then you can communicate to them. Use the "Q&A" link in the upper-right side, and you'll see a full history of your back-and-forth correspondence (showing your input, and their replies).

It's a bit of a frills-free interface, and I haven't figured out if its possible to "reply to their reply" in-stream, so that thread-history is retained... but it doesn't look like that's supported (very odd for a support site like this one). Nevertheless, you can just post a new thread (containing your reply to an earlier reply of theirs) and they'll make sense out of it and reply to this new post appropriately.

They seem to have an active development staff supporting the software for this latest product of theirs.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:44 AM

Great, thanks! I just opened a new article concerning the specific shuffle function.

Btw is it normal that the gravity sensor doesn't work when the J3 is horizontal (laying on the table)?

Old 08-18-2010, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Btw is it normal that the gravity sensor doesn't work when the J3 is horizontal (laying on the table)?
I believe that, too, is "just the way it works".

It's got to be elevated in order to tell up from down, so that the sensor kicks in. It can't sense just its orientation (ie. rotational angle from due North) in the horizontal plane by itself.

Old 08-18-2010, 01:13 AM

Alright, thx.