android
Old 04-30-2010, 02:48 PM

Default Clip+ stopped working altogether

While listening, my Clip+ simply stopped working (had it as a Christmas present). No sound. Should have had battery. Cannot connect to PC. Cannot charge battery. Cannot turn on. Simply nothing. Any suggestions? Many thanks!!

PS I would hate to loose this nice player.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-30-2010, 03:00 PM

Hold down the power button for more than 15 seconds... has been mentioned several times here and also the the Clip's manual.

Old 05-01-2010, 11:58 PM

my regular clip died on me today, 8gb refurb.
Stopped mid song, and gave me a blue ring.
I tried ALL kinds of switch/button combos.
I watched the little blue ring slowly die all day at work.
BUT when I plugged it into the computer it started behaving normally!

Old 05-02-2010, 10:44 AM

Yes indeed, I did hold the power-button for 15-30 seconds, but to no avail. And then suddenly, after having tried numerous times, the power button worked again. For no apparent reason. So, It's up and running again. Hope the problems don't come back. Many thanks for your help.

Old 05-11-2010, 03:22 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Whewh, had this happen to me just today. Mid song, just stopped it had atleast half a battery left. Holding power for 15 seconds helped this time. This has happened to all my previous Clips that I was about to loose hope of ever keeping a clip for more then half a year o_O

Just to be sure I pulled out my old clip and tried the same thing, holding down the power while plugged and it didn't start up, eh. Well that ones dead for sure by now I guess.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:15 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Are you sure that your old Clip is charged? You might want to leave it charging overnight, and then try again.

Old 06-24-2010, 03:03 AM

mine just got really hot and died. Fuck! oh well. It just sucks I'll have nothing for the next two days.

any ideas what happened??

Old 06-24-2010, 12:18 PM
Ultra Senior Member

It certainly sounds like some sort of battery issue.

Old 06-24-2010, 09:18 PM

I called the store I got it from and fortunately they did an exchange. Very happy I got to do that and don't have to wait.

Old 06-25-2010, 01:54 AM

should I let it die before charging it?

Old 06-25-2010, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W124CE View Post
should I let it die before charging it?
Assuming you mean the replacement; nope - it doesn't have a memory, and it's impossible (short of something going horribly wrong) to overcharge it. For maximum life, charge it whenever you get the chance.

I'm hoping you don't mean the original. Don't put that anywhere near a charger again. When li-ion batteries explode, very bad things (possibly including the loss of your house or your life) happen.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:59 AM

yes I meant the replacement. I forgot if I should let it die then fully recharge it. Guess I won't do that.

Thanks

Old 06-25-2010, 11:54 AM

Hrm... Sorry, just reread your post and it was pretty obvious you meant the new one.

Long day at work, eh!

Hope this one works better for you - there have been some suggestions of variable quality control over the clips, particularly with the batteries. Mine's never caused me bother though...

Old 06-26-2010, 09:52 PM

NP.

... its crazy how the keypad deteriorated after 6 months, this new one feels solid. The old one felt so loose.

Old 06-29-2010, 11:06 AM

Install Rockboy? It'll sort that out in short order unless your thumbs give out first...

I guess the whole thing does feel somewhat 'disposable', but in all honesty I think that's just a realistic appraisal of the life of an MP3 player. I think the same about netbooks - they feel kind of cheaply made relative to notebooks, but when you consider how long you expect them to last, I think that actually says more about the amount of resources wasted on notebooks (which realistically only rarely get repaired or upgraded) than it does about any deficiency in netbooks.

Each to their own though...

Old 08-12-2010, 03:35 PM

Same thing happened to my clip+ today. Pressing power button for 15 seconds helped. Nothing happened, but when I pressed it again the player started, displayed logo for quite a while, after that everything was fine. Interestingly enough it collapsed when I tried to play an ancient ogg file, encoded in 0.5 beta codec many years ago.

Old 08-13-2010, 06:46 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confuseling View Post
Install Rockboy? It'll sort that out in short order unless your thumbs give out first...

I guess the whole thing does feel somewhat 'disposable', but in all honesty I think that's just a realistic appraisal of the life of an MP3 player. I think the same about netbooks - they feel kind of cheaply made relative to notebooks, but when you consider how long you expect them to last, I think that actually says more about the amount of resources wasted on notebooks (which realistically only rarely get repaired or upgraded) than it does about any deficiency in netbooks.

Each to their own though...
Rockboy?

But a better make means lesser damage, and more peace of mind.