android
Old 08-03-2010, 04:44 PM

Default DISC TAG not recognized??

It seems J3 does not recognized DISC tag so for multiple cd albums it is a kind of a pain (opera, ...)
Am I the only one? I tried to report to Cowon on their web site but no answers so far. Any recommendations?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-08-2010, 02:46 PM

As fas as I know, only iPods and Rockboxed players read the disk tag, no other brands.

What I do for multi-disk albums is to number my tracks as 101, 102, 103, ... , 201, 202, 203, etc - in the ID3 tag track field, and in the file names.

Here's a screenshot: http://i33.tinypic.com/2i0apau.png

Old 08-08-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domdom View Post
It seems J3 does not recognized DISC tag so for multiple cd albums it is a kind of a pain (opera, ...)
Am I the only one? I tried to report to Cowon on their web site but no answers so far. Any recommendations?
I use a suffix on the album name to differentiate CD's from within a multi-CD set.

Specifically I add " (CD1)", " (CD2)", etc., after the album name which is a constant for the set. This results in each unique CD showing up uniquely (but one right after the other) in my CD Database (managed by Musifind Pro), as well as producing a unique "album name" for each CD in the ID3 tags.

Within each CD for the set I simply use standard track numbering syntax as if it were a normal single CD.

In other words, I just give each of the multiple CDs in a set a unique album name in its ID3 tag "album" field.

Old 08-08-2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
As fas as I know, only iPods and Rockboxed players read the disk tag, no other brands.

What I do for multi-disk albums is to number my tracks as 101, 102, 103, ... , 201, 202, 203, etc - in the ID3 tag track field, and in the file names.

Here's a screenshot: http://i33.tinypic.com/2i0apau.png
OK I will try that next time I need to. I hope J3 can handle it properly ;-) it would seem so ... thks

Old 08-08-2010, 06:12 PM

Why bother? There's no need to keep a multi-disc separated when it comes to mp3 because there's no longer a limit to how many songs can be on a album. I just take cd1 and cd2 and combine them into a single album by changing the track numbers on the second disc to correspond with the track numbers on the first disc. For a example, if there are 11 tracks on cd1 than I change track 1 on cd2 to track 12 and so on. Works for me.

Old 08-09-2010, 01:55 AM

Thats what I did so far

Old 08-09-2010, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathchild View Post
Why bother? There's no need to keep a multi-disc separated when it comes to mp3 because there's no longer a limit to how many songs can be on a album. I just take cd1 and cd2 and combine them into a single album by changing the track numbers on the second disc to correspond with the track numbers on the first disc. For a example, if there are 11 tracks on cd1 than I change track 1 on cd2 to track 12 and so on. Works for me.
Same, but albums do still come on 80--min CDs.